HP Pavilion DV6 NX848EA

HP Pavilion DV6 NX848EA

Review of "HP Pavilion DV6 NX848EA"

published 05/04/2011 | thecalipso
Member since : 04/04/2011
Pro good looks...+speed+ huge hard drive+ great screen
Cons Very low volume.... bad sound card
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"Good looks+ speed + good screen but very poor sound quality"

I bought My hp dv6 in september 2010 I was excited the first time I saw it on display in walmart, nice beautiful dark brown ( very classy look), I said to myself if this laptop functions as good as it looks I am in for a treat, so I fully charged my battery because I did not want a battery that had a short life( if you don't fully charge your laptop battery before the first use you are going to lose the full potential of the battery), then I unplugged the laptop and starting surfing the web, running few tasks at once to test the speed and life of the battery, so I was impressed with the battery's life, it was giving me 2 hours and a half, the speed was good too, it takes less than a second to go from one task to the other and surfing the internet was alot of fun, going from one page to the other was so lightening fast( dual core processor :speed 2.8ghz), (4gb of RAM), has a huge 444gb hard drive, I did not even use 1/10 th of that space.

So I was super excited but as soon as I put a cd in and turned the volume up I was disappointed, the volume was so low, I tried everything and then I did some research and I found out that this is a common dv6 problem, so I don't listen to music on my laptop when I work anymore ( I can't work without music)

But to be fair It does everything else I need it to do, it does not overheat unless of course you put it on a couch or fabric( you should never block the vents on the bottom)

Product Information : HP Pavilion DV6 NX848EA

The HP Pavilion dv6 is a mid-size laptop, with above-average processing power and everything most people need for basic computing, entertainment and online communication. It features a powerful dual-core processor as well as premium features such as a DVD SuperMulti drive with LightScribe technology, an HDMI output and a 16" widescreen display.

RAM / Installed Size: 4