HP Signature Slim 15.6" Laptop Case

HP Signature Slim 15.6" Laptop Case

Review of "HP Signature Slim 15.6" Laptop Case"

published 08/03/2017 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro looks nice, lots of different pockets, comfortable straps, padded for extra protection
Cons it's only splashproof!
How comfortable is it to wear?
Range of Features
Look & Feel

"A Slim and Lightweight Laptop Case."

= = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = =
About 4-5 months ago, I purchased a new laptop and as I sometimes take my laptop with me to my boyfriends, at the same time as purchasing the laptop, I also purchased a laptop case to go with it. With my previous laptop, I had a case but to be honest it was a cheap one from Argos and ended up breaking and falling apart pretty quick, so I was prepared to spend a bit more money on a decent laptop case that I knew would last a bit longer this time. After looking up various cases and reading various reviews, I decided to go for this HP laptop case. This slim laptop case is grey in colour and has enough room in it to both vary a laptop as well as a tablet. The case is padded to keep your laptop or tablet safe from the knocks and bumps of travel. You can easily keep your work essentials close at hand at neatly stored away in the two main pockets, but there are also multiple smaller pockets as well. The case is 15.6” so is suitable for any notebooks up to this size. There is a detachable shoulder strap as well as two handles and the case has a zip closure as well so you can ensure that your laptop and tablet stay safe in the case. The width of the case is 40mm and the height is 440mm and the depth 320mm. The case is fairly light-weight at 470g.

= = = = = = = =
Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
You can purchase this from Curry’s for £27.99. I think I got this on a deal when purchasing my laptop so I can’t be sure how much exactly I paid for it. This is also available on Amazon for £25.32.

Using the Case
= = = = = = =
My laptop is a slim 15.6 HP laptop and it fits perfectly into the main compartment of the case which is padded fairly well so when I do travel with the laptop, I feel comfortable that it’s well protected. There is a slightly smaller pocket at the back which is sealed with a piece of Velcro. I sometimes store the shoulder strap in here when I don’t use it. The slightly smaller zip up compartment in the front would be perfect for a tablet; although I don’t have one of these so I tend to put a small notebook into this compartment. Having said that I have had my kindle in this pocket a few times as well for easier access when travelling with the laptop case. In this pocket, there are also three spaces where you can slot pens into and there is another small pocket as well which my wireless mouse fits into perfectly. The two smaller pockets at the front are handy for small notebooks/pads and other small/flat items. One of these pockets is a zip up and the other has a Velcro closing. When I do have my laptop in the bag it’s nice and light-weight and the handles are comfortable without making my hands feel sore. The shoulder strap has a slight padded area which makes it comfortable on the shoulder and the strap doesn’t dig in at all causing my shoulder to become sore. At the back of the laptop bag is a trolley handle pass-through which would probably be useful for some people and there is also an audio charging port in one of the front pockets, which I have never used but again may be useful for some people. The overall look of the case is very nice and I like the grey colour to the bag. The zip pulls on the case seem strong and unlike my other laptop case, they haven’t snapped or broken off and to be honest I don’t expect them to anytime soon. The case isn’t too big or bulky when carrying it around and I can easily put it on my lap when travelling on public transport. The main compartment where I store my laptop is easy to get into and I can get into the case and get my laptop out within a couple of seconds. I haven’t been out in the rain with my laptop case but it apparently is splash proof, according to Amazon.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = =
Overall I am pleased with this laptop case and it does a decent enough job at protecting my laptop when I am on the move and travelling with it. I only use the case every couple of weeks or so, so I may not use it as much as other but the case does come with a 1yr guarantee, so if anything happens in this time you should be able to get a replacement; although to be honest as the case seems to be made so well, I can’t see anyone having problems with the case. I love that the case has a good number of sections and pockets for storage of different things and I love that the case is very light-weight and isn’t big or bulky which makes travelling with it a lot easier. The case is comfortable to carry where you are using the smaller carry handles or the shoulder strap which is fully adjustable. I think a lot of people would like the fact that the case has a trolley handle pass through, meaning you can easily pass it through the handle of small trolley suitcase if you are travelling. This laptop case is a little pricey and I imagine that some people would probably be put off by the price. Although on Amazon the case states that it’s splash proof, I don’t know how well your laptop and other things would be protected if you were out in very heavy rain. I am glad I purchased this case as although I have only had it for around 4-5 months ago, already it’s lasted a lot longer than the cheap laptop bag that I purchased from Argos. I would recommend this case but don’t rely on it fully protecting your things from heavy rain if you are out and about.

• euphie published 10/03/2017