micksheff 5

micksheff

About me: Thanks for the nice Premium Fund payment. Suddenly it all seems worthwhile.

Member since:18.07.2003

HSBC - Online Banking

04.10.2004

Advantages:
Saves lots of time

Disadvantages:
Very few

Efficiency of service

19 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. vcarina88x
  2. eve6kicksass
  3. iansills000

I have had a current account with the HSBC for many years and have not had any problems or hassles that I can think of, I know that many of you will have had bad experiences for one reason or another but I have not. My main moan however is that over the last couple of years it has become increasingly difficult to contact my branch or to see someone in person as most branches only open a few hours a day and now even the two main branches where I live are no longer staffed on Saturdays. As I both work full time Monday to Fridays and I also have my own business I was finding it ever more difficult to get to a branch and so when I was told about their online banking facility I decided to give it a go.

Of course I had the usual concerns about security but a friend had recommended the online banking to me and I was assured that in the event of anybody fraudulently accessing my account that any money lost would be refunded.

From the main HSBC web page you register when visiting for the first time, this takes a few minutes and it does help if you are already set up for telephone banking as you can use the same login details and passwords. Once you have entered your unique login number you are then taken to the next security screen, which asks you to verify further details. Once this is done you are taken a page showing details of your account.

I have three separate accounts with the HSBC, a current account, a savings account and a business account. All three accounts are listed on the same page and by selecting one of them it will open your statement. The most recent transactions are shown at the top of the statement, which makes it user-friendlier, and you can see at a glance what your current balance is.

There are several other things that you can do with your account by clicking on the various tabs down the left hand side of the page. You can view all of your direct debits and standing orders and by clicking on any of these you can actually amend or cancel them. I have found this to be a very useful feature and it literarily can saves hours on the telephone.
It is also possible to transfer money from any of your accounts into another persons account; providing of course that you know their details, and again I have found this to be very useful and I now pay my employees wages by this method.
When I recently moved house I changed my address details online so there was no need to have to visit a branch. It is even possible to stop a cheque at a click of the mouse. In short it is more or less possible to do just about anything you need to do with your account and if there is not an option you can always click the “contact us” button for further help.

I have found the HSBC online banking service to extremely useful and it has saved me an incredible amount of time. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who may be considering it as an option. I do not have any accounts with any of the other high street banks so I cannot compare this service with those provided by the other banks but I am sure that they are all fairly similar.
The HSBS site is a very modern looking site and it is very easy to use and navigate.

Well done HSBC in helping to restore my faith in you.

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

vcarina88x 27.10.2007 20:02

(¯`•¸·´¯) Excellent review, well written. Enjoyed reading. Verna :) (¯`·¸•´¯)

eve6kicksass 28.04.2007 05:13

HSBC is an excellent bank...I did business with them when I lived in the UK...Chris :)

sleepyhead123 28.11.2004 12:31

i use hsbc online banking and also find it extremley helpful. I am also with NatWest but i am too young to take advatange if thier online banking service which supposed to be quite good. My mum uses abbey online banking and that is similar to HSBC's but i think HSBC's is easier to use.