HSBC

HSBC

Review of "HSBC"

published 16/10/2011 | gerard192
Member since : 16/10/2011
Pro Got coffee out of a plastic cup when promised 'premiere' banking status
Cons Unhelpful and unable to help a returning high earning doctor find a 10% mortgage
Efficiency of service
Competitiveness of charges/rates
Staff courtesy
Promptness of service
Online - Content/organization of site

"Not a global player for mortgages - quite the reverse"

A bank to avoid.
Returned to UK from New Zealand in September. Offer accepted on home and needed a mortgage for 50k (less than 10% home value;I have 90% equity). I had proof of permanent income, no credit issues, work as a specialist hospital doctor but I am living in temporary accommodation with fully inclusive bills till I buy the house and move my family over at end of November (ie. I don't pay gas/electricity as included in rent)

HSBC wouldn't lend as I didn't have 3 months wage slips (I had full proof of income from the NHS Trust I work for and would have 2 wage slips within a week!) and I didn't have a utility bill to prove my address (they wouldn't accept the tenancy agreement with the landlord)

What is most infuriating is that they arranged two one hour meetings with me promising premiere banking care then refused the loan.......... a complete waste of my time.

I went to the HSBC because they claim to be a 'global' bank without national boundaries yet were totally unable to help, due to 'process', someone returning to UK in need of a small mortgage.
"A tenancy agreement cannot be used as proof of address, we need a utility bill" said the bank "and three pay slips"
"I'll take my business elsewhere" replied I . I recommend others do the same