H & M (Shop)

H & M (Shop)

Review of "H & M (Shop)"

published 10/11/2016 | snow_drops
Member since : 20/07/2016
Just had my little boy, so you won't see me around Ciao as much as usual for the next wee while :)
Pro excellent fit and lots of options on their maternity range
Cons not all stores stock maternity range, so it's best to phone ahead to check
Frequency of visit
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"H & M (Shop) - maternity wear"

H&M (Shop)

Visit to H&M to Purchase Maternity Wear

I went to H&M in Kinnaird Park retail park, in Edinburgh, in September 2016, with a view to purchasing some items of maternity clothing for myself.

Customer Service

Before going, I phone the general H&M number to check that the store stocked maternity wear and to ask roughly how many items would be available. I did this because a couple of weeks prior, I had gone to a local Next store to buy maternity wear but found they didn’t stock any. When I phoned, I was put in a small queue and waiting a couple of minutes before speaking to an adviser. The adviser was polite and helpful – she informed me that the store stocked maternity wear, but she had no access to information about if it was a large or small collection in that store.

At the shop, I also found the customer service to be good. The attendant at the changing room and the sales assistant at the tills were both polite and professional.

Location

This H&M store is located in Kinnaird Park retail park, in the East of Edinburgh. Kinnaird Park is easily accessible and has a good amount of parking available, including disabled and ‘family’ bays, nearer to the shop entrances.

There are lots of other shops, cafés, restaurants and a cinema in the retail park, so this is a handy place to visit if you’re in need of a few different things. Some other outlets there include Next, Hobby Craft, Waterstones, Nando’s, and Starbucks.

There is also a small swing park at Kinnaird Park, with a couple of climbing frames (one for toddlers, one for bigger children). It’s a nice addition, and my daughter enjoyed playing there, but the swing park is located right next to the busy carpark, so I could smell exhaust fumes, which wasn’t very pleasant.

Appearance of Store

The layout of this H&M store was spacious and easy to navigate. I went in, hoping to quickly find, try on and buy maternity items – I didn’t want to waste a lot of time as I had my daughter in-tow. I walked in, and after going about halfway into the shop, could see the ‘maternity’ sign up at the back left hand corner.

The maternity section is a reasonable size, especially compared to similar shops. The items were mostly hung and laid out clearly, aside from some mistakes with pricing. There was a “£20” sign, but on closer inspection, the jeans underneath ranged in from £20 to £60.

Variety and Quality of Maternity Wear

I was pleased to have a range of items to choose from, as often is a case of ‘beggars can’t be choosers’ with maternity wear. There were at least five styles of jeans, in a variety of shades, plus maternity leggings and trousers. There were some jumpers and tops, but I don’t tend to buy specific maternity tops as I find, being on the short side, a long ‘normal’ top does the job.

There was a small sale rail, but most of the items were from their summer stock – including floaty floral trousers, and thin cotton tops, so none of them were suitable.

I tried on four pairs of maternity jeans, in different sizes. I was seriously impressed when they all fitted and looked good on! It was just a matter of selecting which I wanted, and while I loved the £60 pair, I couldn’t quite bring myself to spend that much on a pair of jeans I’ll only use for a few more months. In the end, I bought an everyday pair of charcoal skinny jeans, leggings, and a slightly pricier pair of dark blue skinny jeans. I also bought a cosy jumper from the normal womenswear section, which caught my eye.

Overall

I was really pleased with my visit to H&M to buy maternity wear. I’m not a fan of shopping for myself, and like to get in and out fairly quickly (especially if I have a toddler with me!). The items were more expensive than what I would usually pay for clothes, but I expect to pay extra for maternity wear. I’ve worn all the items now and have found them a good fit, and very comfortable. I’d definitely recommend H&M for maternity wear!

• euphie published 13/11/2016
    vh :o)
  • LiveMusicLoverLyn published 12/11/2016
    Handy for anyone looking for the same :)
  • Nymphypig published 12/11/2016
    vh

Product Information : H & M (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 07/07/2000