H&M Shower Curtain

H&M Shower Curtain

Bathroom - Type: Shower Accessory

Review of "H&M Shower Curtain"

published 14/06/2012 | louisechackett
Member since : 05/08/2006
OH MY GOD! Matt Cardle is now following me on Twitter! Watch this space ;)
Pro nice colour, looks pretty
Cons darkens the room

"H&M bright pink shower curtain"

When I moved in to a privately rented house after splitting up with my husband I had to completely set myself up again and so it was a case of getting the essentials in at first and then just topping things up as I went along. Even now three years down the line there are still things which could be better but I have to make do with replacing things as and when I can afford to. Recently when I was having family come to stay I decided that I really needed to get rid of the manky shower curtain which the owners had provided and so I looked on the H&M website for a new one and the one I chose was a bright pink one and this is my review!

The shower curtain can be ordered online from the H&M website and costs £14.99 which I thought was a reasonable price considering that I had free delivery but then I also found a code for five pounds off and so this product cost me just less than ten pounds. The product came packed in a plastic wrapper much like how bedding comes packaged and it was very easy to remove the shower curtain from the pack.

The reason I chose the bright pink shower curtain on the H&M website was the fact that my bathroom is very white! It has a white floor and white tiles pretty much all around, as well as white walls and whilst I wouldn’t say it looked clinical as it has a mirror and all my bits and pieces in there to break the white up I do think it needed a flash of colour. I love anything pink and I thought that the shower curtain would really liven the room up.

The curtain is very girly I have to say and the bright pink seems even pinker in the flesh! The curtain is quite pretty as well as it has a layer of four decorative frills towards the bottom of it which just makes it look more decorative than simply a functional piece. The curtain has metal eyelets at the top which did feel very secure and like they will last well as I was inserting the curtain pole rings through them. The curtain pole rings are not provided and you do need to buy these separately but I just used the ones I already had on the old curtain as I would imagine they are quite standard fitting.

The size of the curtain is 180cm by 200cm and this is perfect for my bathroom as I covers the length of the bath when needed and is also nice and long so it hangs nicely off the rail but doesn’t look too long and drag on the floor or anything. I like the way the colour looks in my white bathroom and friends and family have commented on how nice it looks and so I am happy with that. I would say that initially I thought my bathroom just seemed darker because of the pink replacing a white curtain but I have got used to this and now it seems normal.

The shower curtain is made from a water repellent polyester and I find that it does a good job of keeping the water from hitting the floor in the bathroom just as long as my son isn’t acting the goat in the shower and sending water flying everywhere. The curtain is easy to clean as well and I just use my normal bathroom cleaner to give it a quick wipe down when I clean the bathroom and so far I have no issues at all with it and so I would be more than happy to recommend this pretty but functional shower curtain.

Thank you for reading my review!

• VampirePrincessLizzy published 28/06/2012
    Colourful :o)
  • angelboouk123 published 14/06/2012
    My boys would go nuts if I bought this and I love it lol x