Haliborange Advanced Formula Omega-3 Fish Oil For Kids

Haliborange Advanced Formula Omega-3 Fish Oil For Kids

Review of "Haliborange Advanced Formula Omega-3 Fish Oil For Kids"

published 04/07/2009 | claribella
Member since : 14/06/2009
Pro Tasty and full of vitamins
Cons Not sure if it's doing anything!
Side effects
Effectiveness

"A fish that tastes of sweets!"

Noah is a very 'random' eater. He will have days when he eats anything and everything but then he will have times when he barely touches a thing. I try to give him vitamins so I know he's not missing anything from his diet. I was using a vitamin that was in medicine form but when I saw these were reduced at Tesco's last week I decided that they were worth a try.

I managed to get a box of 30 tablets for £1.80 although they are normally around a pound dearer. The actual tablet is a omega 3 oil but it also has vitamins A, C, D and E. The tablet is free from wheat, gluten and yeast and is made from pure natural blackcurrant flavour.

The tablets are a black/purple colour and are oval in shape. If you have ever taken normal cod liver oil tablets then they are the same shape as these but the capsules are about half the size.

The tablets are made so they are appealing and tasty for children and I did try one for the purposes of this review. They are described on the box as being a 'chewy fruit burst'. To be honest the thought of taking one of these made my tummy turn but I was pleasantly surprised. When I opened the pot I got a nice smell of blackcurrant. I popped the capsule in my mouth and it tasted of blackcurrant as I sucked it. I wasn't that keen on biting it but I did convince myself that I'm not likely to die if I did. The capsule popped out loud as I bit it and a nice orangey flavour exploded out of it. The orange liquid immediately fell down my throat and I was left with the outer case which was ofcourse chewy. It was basically like eating a blackcurrant Fruit Pastille. I really enjoyed it.

Noah isn't a big fusser when it comes to taking his vitamins but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to take it if it tasted of fish. When I gave him one of these for the first time he had a huge grin on his face and whenever I shout from the kitchen that he needs to take his vitamin, he comes bounding out and eagerly waits for it. I'm pretty sure he would eat the whole tub if I let him which is why I make sure it is in a cupboard that he can't reach.

We all know that fish oils are suppose to be very good for brain development and studies have shown that it can improve concentration. Noah is a very easy child and is very good at staying engaged in something for quite a long time. Over the last few days I have been trying to drop his day time sleep and when I have tried to do this in the past he has become over tired, grouchy and not wanting play anything for long periods of times. I have to say that he has been much better and I'm not sure whether this is due to the vitamins or due to the fact that he is just a bit older and ready to go without a nap during the day.

I suppose this is another of those things that we aren't sure if we are seeing results from, but I am really happy that I know he's getting some good stuff from them. He enjoys taking them and I'm pretty sure any child would too. I would definately recommend these as they are so easy to take and tasty too!

• TheHairyGodmother published 07/07/2009
    great review,
  • bruffyboy published 05/07/2009
    everything i need to know
  • Amy69 published 04/07/2009