Halifax Online Banking

Halifax Online Banking

Review of "Halifax Online Banking"

published 06/01/2008 | jenny967
Member since : 26/05/2007
Have been away from here for ages, glad to be back and will be voting like mad when I can! Thanks for the votes everyone it much appreciated!!
Pro Handy to keep an eye on your account
Cons none so far
Efficiency of service
Competitiveness of charges/rates
Staff courtesy
Promptness of service
Online - Content/organization of site

"Halifax Online Banking"

After having problems with my previous bank, I decided to open an account with halifax, this was about five years ago.

The reason I chose Halifax

Well they were always advertised on tv and I needed a new account for my wages to be paid into, so I went in made an appointment and opened my current account, which did`nt take long and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Other services available at Halifax

Credit cards
Mortgages
Personnel loans
Savings and Investments
Insurance
Share Dealing

However I basically use my account as a savings account and dont have any Shares or Credit cards through Halifax.

Five years later

Five years on and I cant say anything bad about the services provided by Halifax, Eighteen months ago was when I first started to use online banking, I found their web address at the back of my statement www.halifax.co.uk and filled out the sign up form, they asked for the usual info name, address, date of birth etc, They asked a few security questions like whats your fathers first name? The process is easy and pretty quick.

Signing in

The sign in process is easy, go to the home page, click the sign in button and then you will be asked to provide your name, password and the answer to a security question, once this has been completed you will be able to access all your account information.

On this page you will be able to view your recent transactions, Transfer money/pay bills, set up an overdraft, view your direct debits and you can choose to have your statements sent by email instead of through the post.

The Halifax Guarantee

At first I was a bit worried about the security aspect of online banking, but I can honestly say up to now I have`nt had any problems. The Halifax guarantee that if any off their online customers are victim off online fraud, they will not lose any money from their account and will be fully reimbursed, I dont know if they stick to this promise as I have had no problems.

Conclusion

All in all I am pleased with the services provided by Halifax, I find online banking really handy to keep an eye on my account and to check direct debits and also to have my wages paid into it.

If you are considering online banking, I would highly recommend it, However I am only reviewing The Halifax and cannot comment on the service provided by other banks that offer online banking.

Thanks for reading

I have also done this review on Doyyoo

• Gladiator007 published 10/07/2009
    really glad to know that you are happy with their service.....thanks.
  • just.bcoz published 06/01/2008
    Great review
  • Lemonhead563 published 06/01/2008
    Halifax Onlie Banking is a godsend, its so user friendly in comparison to other banking sites x

Product Information : Halifax Online Banking