Hand Spinner: what do you think of this new phenomenon?

Hand Spinner: what do you think of this new phenomenon?

Review of "Hand Spinner: what do you think of this new phenomenon?"

published 25/06/2017 | mummytobe78
Member since : 20/07/2014
Good
Pro Mostly cheap
Cons Annoying

"Fidget spinner for fidgets"

Where I come from these little toys that everyone appears to be obsessed with are called fidget spinners. I had never heard of them until my 7 year old nephew appeared with one. When I asked him about it he showed me how to spin it on his finger and when I asked him what the point was, I simply got a shoulder shrug and told it was fun.

When I looked on Google I discovered that fidget spinners have been around since 1993. However I am sure I am not the only person who had never heard of them or saw them until recently.

These little toys come in different sizes, materials and probably every colour you can think of. They are basically a circular pad with 3 circular bits coming out of it. The central pad sits on your finger and you spin. The fidget spinners have weights to aid the spinning. You can buy the fidget spinners as cheap as £2 or £3 although they can get expensive and the dearest I have seen was £15.

They were apparently originally intended for stress relief particularly for people on the autistic spectrum. My stepson has autism and my 10 year old nephew has aspergers. I have to say that although they both have fidget spinners I have seen no difference in how they calm themselves and they still both use their usual methods (weighted blanket, music etc) rather than the fidget spinners.

All of the children in my family own at least one, except for my 2 year old son. I have seen some pretty horrific pictures on Facebook of children of Harry's age getting they're little fingers stuck in the holes and having to go to hospital so I do not let Harry near them.

These have definitely became the latest craze. All they do is annoy me and I hate when all the children are in my house using them as I keep seeing them out of the corner of my eye. Thankfully the phase appears to be wearing off with the younger ones already in my house and it is mainly only the 14 year old and 16 year old who still play with these. I personally won't be sorry when they are all relegated to the back of a drawer. I just don't see the point in them. I suppose it partly is a case of children following the pack and what one has they all want, but roll on the next fad to hit the schools

• mousy86 published 02/07/2017
    vh x
  • afy9mab published 01/07/2017
    Nicely done.
  • euphie published 01/07/2017
    vh :o)

Product Information : Hand Spinner: what do you think of this new phenomenon?

Listed on Ciao since: 22/06/2017