Hand Spinner: what do you think of this new phenomenon?

Hand Spinner: what do you think of this new phenomenon?

Review of "Hand Spinner: what do you think of this new phenomenon?"

published 25/06/2017 | ravingreviewer
Member since : 28/03/2014
Ciao police (AKA other members) are now policing even my about me!
Good
Pro Works for some people.
Cons But doesn't for me.

"Mind your head!"

Hand spinners (also otherwise known as fidget spinners) are a toy that has in recent months become one of the popular toys of its time, although the term 'toy' is quite often misused - this is because when a lot of people hear the word 'toy' they associate the item with child's play, but this particular item is one that is used by adults and children alike.

Originally first on the market way back in 1993 as more of a 'spinning toy' set up, it has in the last few months made such a huge comeback that it has caused as much controversy as it has praise. Made with three arm like structures that come off a central spinning mechanism, the average hand spinner is about three inches across at its widest point (give or take half a centimetre or so). The central point has the bearings found it, which make the arm like parts spin around it - this can be on any surface, very much like the older style spinning tops that you can still find at Christmastime whenever you pull a cracker.

These hand spinners can be made out of a wide variety of materials from brass to plastic, and are intended on the whole to help people to relieve stress (although some people may just use them as another fun toy). Being sold as something that is meant to help in particular those people with certain conditions such as autism or ADHD, I decided what with my more recent diagnosis of autism to give it a go - and was so sorry that I ever spent money on it, although thankfully I only spent a couple of pound on it (although I have seen them on sale for as much as £10 or more on the High Street).

The whirring noise took me quite a while to get used to, and in terms of it helping me to become less stressed overall - well, this was the biggest joke of the year so far to date. Not being able to properly get it to spin for ages owing to my manual dexterity not being in tip top condition, I have to say that I can get a new top of the range laptop to work in less time than this - but then again, this may of course well be my autistic traits coming out in rather a different way!

And whilst attempting to become less stressed, I lost control of the item on a number of different occasions and it shot across the room knocking in to everything in its path from the head of an elderly relative; through the dog and other items of furniture, to just missing an expensive piece of porcelain - and so therefore, one would recommend that if you are like me then a completely open space with nobody else in attendance for at least a five mile radius would be an absolute necessity.

I can understand however that for some people something like this would be something that would aid a lot of people, but for me it doesn't really do that at all. But as it seems to be one of those crazes that according to more recent reports is one that is starting to fade out now, I can see that less and less people are going to be trying it out and looking elsewhere for those things that will aid in their relaxation.

And after all, for me I am going to be carrying on using my little ball (if you pardon the expression) that I have had for many years in various different forms down the years - they are less intrusive to my mind, and you get less people noticing one of these in your hands over a hand spinner any day.

Which to conclude, as I am sure you have worked out I feel that this particular phenomenon is one that just like many others of a similar bent are just one to get people to spend money over a short period of time - and will die out a lot more quickly than the plague, unlike other things such as stress balls that do seem to keep on going. And so therefore I predict that come Christmas, this particular phase will have gone and there will have been at least two more in the meantime.

Thanks for reading!

• jb0077 published 07/07/2017
    vh
  • CelticSoulSister published 02/07/2017
    Good read!
  • euphie published 01/07/2017
    vh :o)

Product Information : Hand Spinner: what do you think of this new phenomenon?

Listed on Ciao since: 22/06/2017