Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu, Tokyo

Review of "Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu, Tokyo"

published 03/11/2016 | catsholiday
Member since : 03/03/2003
Reviews : 1912
We were travelling but now back so normal service resumed.Thank you anyone who is kind enough to read then rate my reviews, especially those Es.
Pro Convenient for flights from Tokyo
Cons Not a lot to do around there!!
Quality of Rooms
Standard of Service
Quality of Food & Drink
Cleanliness

"Haneda Excel Hotel - My night in Tokyo airport terminal"

Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu :_Tokyo

This hotel was the one we stayed in on our last night in Japan and we flew out of Tokyo the next morning so it was in a very handy location.

The hotel is an airport hotel directly connected or rather in, Haneda Airport Domestic Terminal 2 . We were not flying from this Domestic Terminal but there were buses from here directly to the International Terminals which is how we got to our Terminal the next morning.

It was kind of odd arriving at an airport terminal via the bullet train then local trains to the airport, walking all through the terminal to a hotel entrance. Our main luggage had been delivered by the coach driver and was inside waiting for us to pick up.
The hotel is over seven floors and has 386 rooms altogether.

Check-in is rom 14.00 and check out by 11.00

~~~~~~ OUR WELCOME ~~~~~~
We were given our room keys outside the lobby as there was not enough room for us all inside they said. In fact it was a large lobby/bar/restaurant inside and plenty of room but they obviously didn’t want us all trooping in together to find our luggage.

We did find that the staff were very welcoming once we were inside and happy to point us towards places to eat but our guide had already given us a suggestion list of places we could find food in the terminal.

~~~~~~~ FIRST IMPRESSIONS AND EATERY ~~~~~~~

The front entrance was quite small but once inside the public area was open area and light and airy. This was a restaurant called The Flyer’s Table which offered lunch, dinner and breakfast. It looked okay but as we didn’t eat there I cannot really comment much further than that. I have a feeling we looked at what they were offering and it wasn’t anything we fancied and was quite expensive so we ate dinner in the airport at another place.
This is open the following hours 5:00 - 10:00, 10:00 - 17:00 and 17:00 - 25:00

~~~~~~~~OUR ROOM ~~~~~~~

This was an average sized hotel room. It had a good sized double bed as well as a desk, TV, drawers, comfortable chair and coffee table as well as an upright chair. The bed was made up with fresh crisply ironed cotton sheets and the pillows were okay, not hard like some were in Japan.
The floor was carpeted in a beige sort of embossed carpet and there was enough lighting to enable me to read at night in bed.

The large window looked out over the runway which was quite nice to watch the planes coming and going from. It was well sound proofed and the blinds and curtains were black out as we were not disturbed by sounds or lights that night.

In the room we had a kettle with both Japanese green tea and black tea. We also had the usual towels and face towels but also slippers and in the bathroom body wash, facial soap & hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush set, razor, shower cap, hair brush, q-tips, cotton balls and hair band.

There was free wifi in the room but you could also use the internet-access LAN ports in the room and if needs be you could even rent a l PC (all night rate: JPY500) if you reserved it. Not much good for me as it would doubtless be a Japanese keyboard!

The bathroom was quite small but lucky for me the Japanese like their baths so this had a shower over the bath. It wasn’t a huge bath but okay for me and anyone could also have a shower of course.

The toilet was one of the all singing and dancing tinkling and self flushing ones with heated seats that we had in all the Japanese hotels. They took some getting used to I can tell you!

~~~~~~ OTHER ROOM CHOICES IN THE HOTEL ~~~~~

There were many options for double rooms varying in size from 21 sq metres to 41 sq metres but I suspect ours was a smaller one but I can’t say I measured it! It was plenty big enough for one night anyway.

Rooms offered by the hotel went from singles to twins, doubles, triples triple/forth and suites so plenty of choice. They also had smoking and no smoking rooms as in Japan they are still allowed to smoke in some places.

Choices for rooms also included 303 non-smoking rooms , 10 women’s rooms ,
1 wheelchair-accessible room and 4 sets of 8 connecting rooms all of which you need to make specific reservations for. I am fascinated to see what a woman’s room might have, that a normal room doesn’t ! Apparently they have a “down duvet, accessories case, magnifying mirror, women’s nightgowns, makeup remover, toner, milky lotion, tea bags (black tea and herb tea), hanger steamer” I am not sure what kind of duvet we had but is was perfectly good and I would prefer a non- down one anyway!

~~~~~~~ OTHER FACILITIS IN THE HOTEL ~~~~~~

The pool has an indoor pool, a pubic bath or sauna ( Japanese style) a coin operated laundry, a PC for guests with internet, coin operated PCs with internet, and a gym.

~~~~~~~~~ HOW TO GET THERE ~~~~~~

As I have said this is in the departure area of the Domestic terminal 2 so public transport access is pretty amazing. Needless to say there is no hotel parking you would have to use the airport car parks if you have a car.
It is accessible by the Tokyo Monorail ,the Keihin Kyuko line, by the airport bus from Narita Airport, by airport bus from Tokyo station, the Shuto Expressway and of course by car if you are a local.

The Hotel Entrance on Deprature Lobby is closed from 23:45 due to so you have to take the elevator to the 2nd floor and walk through the passage outside and then, use 24 hour Hotel Entrance.

~~~~~~~~~ RECOMMENDED? ~~~~~~~~

This is a perfect place to spend the night if flying out of Tokyo as it saves fighting traffic or crowds on public transport before your flight.

For one night in a standard double like we had costs ¥21,400 which is around £166 so not cheap but then nothing was in Japan.

It was comfortable, quiet and a great location for a flight but not somewhere you would choose to stay for a holiday!

Thanks for reading.