Hanson HX 5000

Hanson HX 5000

Review of "Hanson HX 5000"

published 15/08/2010 | Thehonesttruth
Member since : 26/05/2004
Ciao Confessions - Every review of mine with an overall E rating, I've written whilst drunk and don't remember writing in the morning. Is that good or bad?
Pro -
Cons -
Precision

"A-weigh we go!"

My boyfriend and I are bth trying to lose weight at the moment, by following the Slimming World footd optimising system. Now, I know you're not really supposed to, but I do like to weigh myself regularly during the week to see what progress I'm making, and get an idea of the kind of loss I'll see at weigh in, and my boyfriend likes to do the same .

The trouble is, my old bathroom scales only go up to 19 stone, and while at 18.5 I was within the threshold for using them, my boyfriend at 23
stone was clearly going to have some trouble . Add to that that the needle would bounce about all over the place on my rather old fashoned scales, and it was time to invest in a new set.

At 19.99 from Amazon, these seemed like a reasonably priced set, so I gladly paid over my money and waited for them to arrive .

This tempered glass set of LCD scales has four stable feet, allowing it to be used on smooth bathroom floors without slipping about when you stand on it . The platform is a good size even for my boyfriends big feet (size 15), and feels very sturdy and secure.

There is a small button you can use to switch between metric and imperial weights, and the scales are accurate to the nearest 100g. This enables very precise weighing , rather than the guessing I had to do with my old fashioned scales, enabling me to chart my weight loss progress at home easily. The scales themselves can support a weight up to 150g /24 stone.

It takes a few seconds to read your weight, as it allows time for your body to be still . The LCD display is clear and easy to see when standing on the platform . It also remains displayed for a few seconds after stepping off the platform, so if, like my lovely hunk of a man, you have a bit of a belly getting in the way, you can get your reading as you step off . After a few seconds, the LCD display turns off, saving on battery usage .

The scales are easy to keep clean with a quick squirt of windolene every now and again . The only negative comment I could make is that there is no grip at all on the surface of the weighing plate - not a big issue, but do remember not to weigh yourself right after a bath when your feet are still wet, as you may end up with a bruised bum like I did!

This scale requires a lithium battery, which is included and installed when you buy it. I've not had to change the battery yet, but it certainly looks easy enough .

Overall, I'm very happy with these scales - they allow me to weigh myself quickly and accurately, and really, thats all they need to do . In addition, they are sleek and smart in appearance, and won't look out of place in even the most stylish of bathrooms . I think the price of 19.99 is incredibly reasonable, hence 5 stars.

• paulpry118 published 16/08/2010
    I like glass scales they go in any colour bathroom
  • Amy69 published 15/08/2010