Happy Pet Migrator Pheasant Dog Toy

Happy Pet Migrator Pheasant Dog Toy

Review of "Happy Pet Migrator Pheasant Dog Toy"

published 20/03/2017 | LiveMusicLoverLyn
Member since : 23/03/2014
“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention” Thanks for all the reads, rates, appreciated esp E rates, every E I give is well deserved.
Pro Interesting visual appeal, life-like noise
Cons Price
Length of interest
Safety

"~ A Pleasant Pheasant Toy ~"

Happy Pets Pheasant Dog Toy

I volunteer for some canine rescues and my own dogs are an important part of my life. I am currently reviewing dog orientated items and here is my review of this dog toy:

The Toy:

The Pheasant dog toy is a soft toy for dogs that has a realistic look and looks like it could just as easily be a child’s soft toy. The plush material is quite long and has a glossy appearance and is coloured to give the appearance of a male pheasant, being only slightly smaller than life size at approximately 24cm long.

Because this is a soft toy designed for dogs it does have a squeaker inside that makes a noise that is surprisingly lifelike.

Using:

The toy is pheasant like in appearance and size and makes a nice addition to a dog’s collection of toys. I was given this for my dogs, but had to carefully remove the squeaker because one of my dogs cannot stand the squeakers in toys and will not rest until she has completely shredded the toy and killed the squeak. Otherwise she is a meek and mild dog, we just have to avoid squeaker toys or remove the squeak. My neighbour who’s dogs I often sit also have this toy and all the dogs play with them from time to time. The dogs have a lot of fun playing with these, my neighbours dogs by throwing into the air and catching it, nudging it and prodding it to make it squeak, bringing to a person to be thrown and retrieved and so on. My dogs play kill with theirs and retrieve it when it is thrown for them and sometimes carry it around. More recently our young, newest dog has chewed off one of the toes and is working on the others.

Longevity:

This is a quality toy and has lasted over 2 years of constant use. The seams and so on are all good quality, strongly stitched and this is a well made toy. I noticed when I removed the squeak that the seams are all double sewn French seams.

The toy is machine washable and indeed all that ours has lost is the little wash tag that has faded and almost completely fallen apart. I find it tricky to hang up to dry and end up propping it on an airier and it does seem to take a few days to dry each time, due to the bulky stuffing.

Price & Availability:

I have seen these in local shops for around £7.00 and they can be bought from Amazon at £5.84 including delivery.

~*~

Conclusion:

These are a nice enough soft toy for dogs with the added attraction of looking like a male pheasant. The squeak is not for everyone, but the toy is well made and has lasted very well. I think though the usual price is quite high, but the Amazon price is fair. I am happy to recommend this toy that has certainly outlasted some others.

Stars:

4/5 (price).

Thanks for reading and please consider a rescue dog if adding to your family.

• rolandrat123 published 25/03/2017