Review of "Harmony Moisturising Creme Balm"

published 06/04/2015 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Good
Pro OK but not for me
Cons price!
How easily is it absorbed?

"Harmony for me and you?"

This is a review of the Harmony moisturising crème balm I received in a recent beauty box. I was pleased to see one of the main ingredients was aloe vera butter which is obviously great for its moisturising properties. The product is also ideal for combination skin which I seem to have now, being dry one minute then greasy the next. Fortunately I seem to have quite clear skin so don't particularly worry about spots.

In use

The balm is really thick but has a strange consistency... like congealed wallpaper paste! Having said that, it does sink in to the skin easily so it's not all bad. Smell wise, there is a light fragrance to it but it's not unpleasant, in fact it smells a little lemony to me (I just noticed the first ingredient is lemongrass oil so I was spot on there). The pot advises daily use after cleanse and toning.

Price
£27.50 for 30ml.

My thoughts

This cream is quite thick so it is more one that I would use as a treatment rather than a daily effort. It does leave my skin soft and dewy though and it feels like a quality product going on to the skin. I was just not a huge fan of the consistency of the product as it seems really thick.

Final word

I honestly liked this cream but it's not cheap and I didn't like it enough to warrant a further purchase. That said, I was pleased to try it in the beauty box and used every bit so it was OK to use but I think I prefer a face cream with a thinner consistency generally. A lot of other people are raving about this product online so it may be that it really does suit some skins more than others.

• spanielize published 07/04/2015