Harpic Power Plus Toilet Cleaner

Harpic Power Plus Toilet Cleaner

Bathroom Cleaner

Review of "Harpic Power Plus Toilet Cleaner"

published 21/05/2012 | kama0529
Member since : 03/10/2005
I'm here to review products in as honest a way as possible. I will rate any product by those who rate me. If I miss you then just let me know :)
Pro Powerful. Thick solution. Kills 99.9% bacteria and 100% limescale removed. Angled head.
Cons None.
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Power Blast!"

Advantages:
Disadvantages: None.
I am not loyal to any one toilet cleaner brand, but there are a few which I tend to choose between, and one of the ones that I use fairly regularly is Harpic Power Plus Toilet Cleaner. I recently bought a 750ml bottle from Tesco for £1.99, which I feel is a really good price because this bottle will generally last me about a month.

The bottle of Harpic Power Plus Toilet Cleaner is quite manly and this just seems right to me because I think a toilet cleaner should suggest strength, practicality and non-friiliness. It comes in a jet black bottle which has visuals on it that suggest an explosion of power and strength and so I really feel they have the design right and it certainly catches my attention. On the packaging it has the list of ingredients, directions and cautions - and so labelling is clear and helpful. The angle of the bottle neck is angled so that it works to turn the bottle upside down and aim the nozzle under the toilet bowl rim. I can do this without dripping any of the solution on my hands. The lids child-proof, but it is easy enough to remove if you know what you're doing - and of course you do need to keep this out of children's reach anyway.

The toilet cleaning solution is a deep aqua blue which is quite thick and therefore it clings to the toilet bowl side really very well - and obviously this is necessary in order to kill the germs in this area. I tend to squirt it on in the middle of the day when no one else is in the house so that I can leave the cleaner on the toilet bowl for a few hours before flushing. The smell of the cleaner does smell quite bleach-like, but this to me means cleanliness and so I don't mind that at all. Once the bleach has been in place, the toilet bowl is always left looking clean and spotless - and smelling fresh. Sometimes I do need to use the toilet brush on it before flushing and other times this isn't necessary - but this certainly helps in the cleaning process. The blurb says that it kills 99.9% of bacteria and removes 100% of limescale and I have no reason to disbelieve these statistics - and so it gives me peace of mind.

I will continue to use Harpic Power Plus Toilet Cleaner and think it is one of the better products.

• JasonJRogers published 21/05/2012
    Great review!
  • doriee.jay published 21/05/2012
    I don't like harpic, I think there are better products on the market