Hartleys Sugar Free Strawberry Jelly

Hartleys Sugar Free Strawberry Jelly

Review of "Hartleys Sugar Free Strawberry Jelly"

published 29/11/2011 | mumsymary
Member since : 23/09/2002
Back home again after a couple of weeks in the Pyrenees
Pro less calories than other jelly
Cons None
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"No Sugar in this strawberry jelly from Hartleys."

It’s the party season. Who will have a jelly or trifle this Christmas? A lot of you I guess. I know I shall be making some for the family.

A favourite flavour amongst adults and children in my family group is Strawberry I recently bought some jelly making supplies from Tesco. Hartley’s sugar free jelly one of the Hartley’s Sugars Free Strawberry Jelly ranges of flavours.

This double sachet pack costs 40p in Tesco’s 39p in Sainsbury’s.

Each of the sachets makes 1pint of jelly. The amount of jelly that a sachet makes will serve about 6-8 people

Hartley’s Sugar free strawberry jelly comes in a double sachet pack with perforations down the middle so that you can tear them apart. The packets have a blue background with a vibrant red splash across them, it has a yellow star in the corner winking at you and smiling great ideas... Nutritional info etc is on the back of the packets.
There are 8kcal per140ml serving

When its time to make the jelly I shall cut open the corner of a packet and sprinkle the red jelly crystals into a jug I use a Pyrex one with measurements on the sized. I shall boil my kettle of water and pour on enough water to cover the crystals. Next I stir, stir, stir the crystals dissolving them into the water quite quickly, quicker than when I use the jelly blocks. As the crystals dissolve I can smell a sweet strawberry smell. The jelly crystals dissolve well, now I pour in cold water to the pint mark
Now I pour the jelly into a bowl or a mould or pour it over the trifle sponges and leave it to set. I usually place my jelly in the fridge.

This jelly sets well it is a lovely red strawberry colour, it wobbles well. After looking at the packet I note beetroot is used for colouring ! If I have it in a shaped mould I briefly put the mould in hot water then turn it upside down on a serving dish. The jelly is translucent it looks good. Now all you have to do is serve it to your liking, fruit, cream or ice-cream to accompany it.

When making the jelly I could use some lemonade if I wanted to make fizzy jelly, or milk to make milk jelly. To find many jelly recipes see http://www.greatlittleideas.com/brand/hartleys

This Hartley’s sugar free strawberry jelly tastes good, yes it does taste of strawberry’s
Children can be fussy (can who am I kidding they are fussy) and do not like bits in jellies if made with just water this jelly sets beautifully with no bits. If you like bits in your jelly then put a tin of strawberries in it using the juice in place of water.

• tallulahbang published 04/12/2011
    I have this for lunch occasionally. xx
  • Coloneljohn published 04/12/2011