Roebuckio 1

Roebuckio

Member since:28.06.2010

The worst customer service ever!

28.06.2010

Advantages:
Decent range of products

Disadvantages:
Diabolical customer service, NON delivery of purchases, excuses

Recommendable No:

Wide range/choice of products?

Helpfulness of Staff

1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. sandemp
  3. VampirePrincessLizzy

Dundee Store (Scotland)

We recently ordered a dining table and chairs from Harveys, we required them quickly as my partner is heavily pregnant so we asked what would come quickest and set ourselves a budget. The Initial assistant was pleasant but did not really seem to know much about the products in store, however we managed to pick one and ordered non-the less,we were told an estimated delivery of 2 to a max of 4 weeks.
4 weeks came and went without any contact and still no goods that had been paid for upfront in store.
We contacted the store to be told that the goods would be delivered the following monday (5 and a half weeks after order) the assistant was both uninterested and gave the impression he couldn't wait to get off the phone quick enough. The impression of "delaying tactics / "fobbing off" / excuses was already looking slightly suspicous.
We gave it another full week making it 6 and a half from order date, nothing so today I popped into the store, the manager who was on the phone continued his conversation keeping us waiting for a good 5 minutes it was clearly a jovial/personal call.
No apology for waiting and a "yes?" rather than "can I help you?"
I explained the situation and a check was done on system, no call had been logged from the previous week and we were told the goods had arrived down south only today! When i asked would we have them before the end of the week (prepared to give them a little leeway) I was told another 2/3 weeks! I explained not acceptable to which I got a shrug of the shoulders and "what do you want me to do about it?"
The manager then stated he could offer us our money back but to "go and think about it" his body language was uninterested and we felt uncomfortable and certainly not valued customers.
Shocking customer service as he didnt even offer to chase it up or guarantee us a delivery date.
We went to look around the competitors, no-one was able to provide a perfect solution but we spotted an alternative in another store.
We then went back to harveys to collect our refund, again we were waiting a few minutes before the manager casually walked over, asked for our card, no questions asked, no apologies, not even an attempt to save the sale!
Ignorant, poor customer service and perhaps that explains why in a retail park that attracts 3,000+ customers a day minimum that we were the only people in his shop.
Will NEVER be back, will NEVER recommend.
if your shopping in Dundee for furniture try the other side of the retail park!

Add the first comment!