Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun

Lotion

Review of "Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun"

published 26/09/2017 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro moisturising, hydrates skin, smells lovely, nice consistency
Cons I haven't come across any!
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?
Cooling & refreshing power

"Refreshing, Soothing and Cooling."

About
= = =
This review is a little late in the year as we haven’t had a good bout of sun for a good few weeks now, but it might prove useful for those whom may be lucky enough to go on holiday this year. When it comes to sun protection products, I do normally always choose the same brand (Nivea); how-ever the Hawaiian Tropic Hydration Sun Lotion came out as one of the top products this year, so I purchased it and also purchased the Hydrating After Sun to go with it. This After Sun is a hydrating lotion with Aloe Gel ribbons entwined, that will moisture skin for 24hrs and help preserve your tan. The lotion is infused with Mango and Shea Butters for continuous moisture, whilst the cooling Aloe soothes. The product has a delicious Coconut and Papaya fragrance.

= = = = =
Packaging
= = = = =
The lotion comes in a plastic bottle which stands on its lid. The bottle is slightly squeezy so that you can squeeze the lotion out from the bottle. On the front, it clearly states what the product is and that it gives your skin 24h moisturisation. On the back of the bottle it tells you a little about the product and also lists the ingredients. The plastic bottle is clear but you can see the product through the bottle. The colour of the product looks a blue/green colour and you can see the Aloe Gel ribbons in between the ribbons of the lotion. The lid to the bottle is a dark brown and this flips back to reveal a small hole in which the product can be dispensed from.

= = = = = = = =
Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
I purchased this from Superdrug when the sun care range was buy one get one half price, otherwise this product will cost you £11.99 for a 180ml bottle.

= = = = = = = = =
Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
I used this a few times during the summer this year whilst on holiday in Weymouth when visiting my parents. Although I didn’t really get burnt, I did use this on my skin after being out in the sun and showering to give my skin some hydration as the sun can dry out your skin, as well as cause damage to it. The lotion has a lovely consistency without being too thick, but it’s not runny either. I found the lotion easy to rub into my skin and it felt slightly cooling on application which is nice, especially when the weather is warm or if you have unfortunately caught the sun a little. The lotion has a lovely, fresh scent to it. I could smell the coconut scent in the product, but I could also smell something else as well although I am not sure what, but I love the scent of the product anyway. I found that the product soaked into my skin fairly quickly without it leaving my skin feeling tacky or sticky. I find that a little of this product goes a long way so it’s best to apply a little and then you can easily dispense some more if needed.

Results
= = =
I can’t say that I got a very deep tan whilst away but I did get some colour in my arms and chest (my legs barely ever tan, unless using a sunbed)! I felt as though this after sun kept my skin hydrated for 24hrs, before I even thought about needing to apply anymore of the product. My skin continued to stay feeling smooth and soft and although the scent of the product on my skin wasn’t that strong, it could be smelt slightly which was nice. As my skin was hydrated, I felt as though this did help the colour in my arms and chest last a little longer than what it might if I hadn’t of used this product.

= = = = = = =
Overall Opinion
= = = = = = =
Before this year despite hearing of the Hawaiian Tropics range, I have never used their products but this year I have been very impressed with the sun lotion and this after sun lotion. I don’t think the bottle comes in a larger sized bottle, but that doesn’t bother me as this bottle is the perfect size for popping in your bag or suitcase ready for when you go away on holiday. I love that you can see the Aloe Vera gel ribbons in the product and the ribbon effect makes the bottle look very attractive and also eye catching. The consistency of the lotion is perfect and it smells fresh and summery. If you don’t like the scent of coconut then with this product I don’t think you need to worry too much as although it smells slightly of coconut, it’s not that strong. The product definitely keeps my skin feeling hydrated, smooth and soft during the summer. I love this after sun and it’s definitely one that I shall continue using next year when the sun returns.

• IzzyS published 01/10/2017
    Good review.
  • NBCMad92 published 28/09/2017
    Ex review! Sorry I have no E left!
  • justarube published 28/09/2017