Heinz Classic Cream of Chicken Soup

Heinz Classic Cream of Chicken Soup

Review of "Heinz Classic Cream of Chicken Soup"

published 23/05/2011 | alexgrant
Member since : 17/05/2011
Pro tastes nice
Cons none
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"creamy chicken"

We are stocking up a bit on Soup just now. Asda was selling 4 tins of Heinz Soup for £2 , which was an alright offer. I think the normal price for the 400g tin is about 85p thesedays, so 50p per tin is pretty good.

Although my favourite is Lentil and Tomato, I do like the odd change now and again. The wife likes other kinds, so we thought we'd get this one and a few others ones to try after not having them for a while.

The tin is ok looking. It has the red coloured wrap around label and the nice picture on the front and the large enough Heinz label. This has a ring pull on it, so easy enough to open.

I wouldn't say this smells too Chicken like when I opened it, but I would say this is a light Chicken and a pretty creamy scent to it. It is a pale beige colour and looks quite thick. After cooking this in a pan is got a bit thinner, but was still an ok consistency.

The taste of this was pretty nice. It made a change from other Soups which are a bit heavier tasting sometimes. This did taste that bit creamy, but not a heavy cream that would sit in your stomach. The Chicken tasted nice enough and this was lightly seasoned.

A nice enough Soup that we would get again. It is a lot nicer than Supermarket own brand of Cream of Chicken, and I would say it would probably be worth that extra cost, but it's even better being on special just now.