Herbal Essences Normal Hair Shampoo

Herbal Essences Normal Hair Shampoo

Review of "Herbal Essences Normal Hair Shampoo"

published 26/01/2010 | SusanLesley
Member since : 21/10/2000
Pro Works well, smells wonderful, my hair feels great
Cons It is being phased out
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"R.I.P. Herbal Essences"

As part of my glut of smelly stocking fillers from Christmas I had a couple of sets of matching shampoo and conditioner. I had asked Dave (hubby) to look out for any of the original Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners and he managed to find some for me. I am currently using the Clairol Herbal Essences ones suitable for normal hair.

The shampoo comes in a clear plastic bottle, which is easy to hold onto in the shower, with a green flip top. The front of the bottle has the words Clairol Herbal Essences - Normal Hair Shampoo - Chamomile Aloe Vera Passion Flower. The label on the back has a picture on the reverse of it of daisy like flowers - presumably chamomile - so that the picture shows through when you look at the bottle from the front if you see what I mean. Anyway it does mean that it looks pretty on the bathroom shelf.

I can’t tell you what this particular shampoo claims to do for you as all the information on the bottle is written in German and, although I did study the subject at secondary school. I was hopeless! Luckily I know what to expect from these original Herbal Essences and it is always an excellent experience.

It is pale lemon in colour and I just had to squeeze a bit onto my hands and massage into my hair. The shampoo lathers well and soon my head was a mass of bubbles and yes, I would describe them as luxurious. I don't need to use much as our water is very soft and I do only have short hair.

The fragrance really is lovely. I can certainly detect the smell of aloe vera but I am assuming that it is enhanced by the smell of the chamomile and passion flower. Whatever the blend it is gorgeous!

The bubbles wash out easily enough but then I do shampoo my hair under a power shower. I then use the matching conditioner to finish off.

The result is that my hair is clean, soft and easy to blow dry and it smells lovely.

Obviously, as with any product of this nature, you need to be careful not to get the stuff in your eyes and, if you do, wash it out straight away with cold water.

The list of ingredients is very long so there are a fair few chemicals in there!

The 250ml bottle currently retails at £1.95 if you can still find them anywhere!

Sadly these original Herbal Essences are all but phased out and the new range is replacing them. The new ones are in brightly coloured bottles which have an odd wiggly shape and I have yet to find one that is anywhere near as good as the originals. When I see the old ones anywhere I buy them and keep them in my bathroom cupboard but once they have completely disappeared I shall be changing my allegiance.

Herbal Essences is made by Proctor and Gamble UK of Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0XP.

www.herbal-essences.co.uk

• Expo published 28/06/2015
    Such a shame
  • mumsymary published 28/01/2010
    I have not used this shampoo
  • lillamarta published 27/01/2010
    Never used this shampoo so didn't know they were discontinuing this part of the range...