Highland Spring Sparkling Carbonated Natural Mineral Water

Highland Spring Sparkling Carbonated Natural Mineral Water

Sparkling Water

Review of "Highland Spring Sparkling Carbonated Natural Mineral Water"

published 10/04/2007 | harrikrishna
Member since : 27/05/2006
Pro Alternative to still water
Cons Fizzy water goes every where if bottle shaked

"BOOM"

I tried this fizzy water today after donating blood. I went into shop thinking I was going to buy still water and walked out with fizzy. I think it was the attractive packaging it comes in. Green bottle with pretty sticker featuring Highland spring logo. As well as the bubbles that appeared to be flowing down the outside of the bottle.

I popped the bottle open had a drink and yuk. I was not keen. Although this response was one I knew I would have as I do not like fizzy water. Duh.

Never the less I soldiered on. Stuck it in my pocket for later. The water, well tasted like water but a bit more gassy. It was definately better than tap water but still not particularly filled with taste either. Although, what do you expect from water. It was not particularly refreshing but it was okay.

When I got into my mates house I continued drinking the said water. Put it on floor. Left room for a few minutes. When I came back into the room, I pick up the bottle, unscrew lid... BOOM. Water everywhere but not a drop to drink. Yes, you have guessed it. The downside. My friend had knocked it over when I was out of room resulting in this travesty.

Hopefully the pretty packaging will not trick me into buying this water again.

If you like your water with a bit of gas. you will like this. If not don't buy it. Pretty obvious really.

Cost 89p for 500ml bottle. Not bad when you consider they have to add the fizz and that the wages paid to staff will be fairly expensive too.

Compared to other brands I would not say it had anything that would stand out against others but thats not to say others are better. The water was of good quality.

• rowei published 11/04/2007
    It's really annoying when you think you're buying still water and it ends up that you've bought carbonated water by mistake!