welshwick... 5

welshwickedone

Member since:25.02.2004

Craft Crazy:- that turns you shopping mad

22.07.2006

Advantages:
Everything ever budding craft person could want .

Disadvantages:
Not all Areas have a shop nearby

18 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. ang_2906
  2. wolfatgoogle
  3. Shoka
  1. S.Bate
  2. jesi
  3. VC81
and a further member

If you are a budding arts,or or just crazy about dolls houses,maybe you love knitting,or even make you own wedding accessories.Is card makig your thing or even cross stitch.If so the this is most definatly the Art and Craft Sperstore for you.

Me,I am craft crazy,I love any craft,and will try anything new.
am that obsessed I have an 8ft by 6ft shed full of craft stuff and a stack in my bedroom.

The first time I went to Hobbycraft with ym husband,he went into sheer panic because he knew the credit card was about to take a very bad beating.That particular time I did extremely well I think,I only spent £75.00 on Craft stuff.

The list of products they actually sell would be impossible for me to list in this review.
So,I am going to try and list as many of the crafts and hobbies they cover,obviously I cannot remember them all,but hey here goes.
  • The superstore has a large selection of various different craft books which cover lots of different crafts.
  • Build your own dolls house kits from dolls house emporium and more.
  • Dolls house furniture room sets and also loads of individual dolls huse furniture and fittings that will amaze you.
  • They stock Balsa and ply wood in small pre packed packs,or individually and even circular and triangle wood rods.
  • Craft tools and cutting tools for all types of craft,glue,glue guns and other adhesives and more.....
  • Huge range of wools,in all colours and types,plus all knitting needles and crochet hooks and more......
  • Great variety of knitting and crocheting patterns
  • Material cutting rollers,craft knives and a variety os scissirs,and pattern cutting scissors.
  • Masses of different fabrics which you can buy by the metre.
  • Templates,soft and hard plastic stencils and brass for embossing,plus all the tools for embossing powders and fixants.
  • All you could need for tapestry ,stands,threads,wools,needles,printed canvases and plain or just the complete kits.
  • All varieties and colours of paper and card all in loads of dirrent colours,thickness,effects,tissue paper and crepe paper and metalic plus more......
  • An extensive range of artists materials-easils,canvases,brusted and other tools,oil paints,water colours,acrylic and enamals plus more in a large variety of colours.
  • Cross-stitch kits,aida pre packed all different counts and colours,dmc and anchor threads,metalic and more in hundreds of colours,needles,hoops,frames stands,charts and much more....
  • Ribbons,Braids and laces in all different colours widths and style buy by the metre.
  • Hole punches,shaped paper punches edging punches ideal for card making
  • A large variety of rubber stamps from designs to wording and more plus hunderds of different ink pads in different colours plus other accessories for rubber stamping.
  • A huge selection of all differnt colours,styles,and sizes of beads for everything from emboidery to jewellery making plus the wires and finding for making jewellery plus more.....
  • Prepacked pachs of card blanks and envelopes for card making plus some sold individually available in all different colours and more accessories for card making.
  • A selection of dried flowers and oasis,baskets and vases for flower arranging.
  • A good selection of Seasonal stock at the right times of year,eg-christmas,easter,summer weddings and halloween.

To be honest I cannot remember any more but can asure you there is alot more that I have not listed.

Hobbiyraft usually have instore demonstations of different crafts on a regular occassions that you can watch and get inspitation,they also have regular stock clearances to make room for even more products,and you can someimes get some great deals.

If you love craft and can get to a superstore near you then I suggest you do,you will be amazed.

If you don`t have a store near you that you can travel to just visit their website,give them a ring and if the stock it you can order by post.

I personally find the store excellent ,and I am very lucky to have a store near me,however sometimes some of there items are very expensive and can be found on the internet cheaper,but don`t let that put you off because you can get so much inspiration when visiting the store so it has more advantages than just the extensive range.

Pictures of Hobby Craft
Hobby Craft Picture 9152428 tb
HOBBIECRAFT

S.Bate 13.10.2006 09:33

They weren't too helpful when we were driving around trying to locate one, good when you find it though.

jesi 28.07.2006 12:29

After swimming at Towcester on Tuesday, we dropped my husband off at his trustee meeting and popped off to Sixfields with the four children ~ we parked in a disabled spot outside Matalan (and Hobby Craft) and the older children started to run towards Hobby Craft ~ obviously a favourite shop! As it happened, we were off to Matalan for some bath towels for a project ~ and they were so hungry when we finished, that we failed to pop into Hobby Craft for the long reversible zips we ALSO needed for the project ~ I told them we weren't coming back if we went to McDonalds ~ so we didn't! ♥♥ ! ~ ~ .................................................................................................... ~ ♥ ~ jes ~ ♥♥

wolfatgoogle 25.07.2006 22:26

Liked the review. I have to admit that I can and have spent hours in this store, and usually come out with something I really never knew I needed before... Wolf x