#HolidayAnthems - Various Artists

#HolidayAnthems - Various Artists

3 CD(s) - Dance - Label: Sony Music - Distributor: Universal Music; Sony Music/Sony DADC - Released: 08/07/2013 - 888837368025

Review of "#HolidayAnthems - Various Artists"

published 21/07/2013 | CosmicLove
Member since : 21/02/2013
Pro Good value, easy to sing and dance along to
Cons Not very original; quite a few old songs
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"#HolidayAnthems"

I have recently been listening to a lot more CD's when in the car as to be honest I find that most of the DJ's on the radio talk way too much and play a load of rubbish. Mine and my fiancé's car doesn't have any way for us to plug in our iPods to play music, so recently I've been buying a lot more CD's.

~*~*~* WHY I BOUGHT THIS ALBUM *~*~*~

This compilation album caught my eye whilst I was in Tesco a couple of weeks ago. I bought it purely because it had a lot of artists and songs that I liked on it but also because it had quite a few I'd never heard of and I like listening to new music/discovering new artists. The album is a dance music album which won't appeal to everyone, and its ideal for putting on at full volume whilst riding around on a road trip with the car windows wide open, soaking up the sun :)

~*~*~* PRICE *~*~*~

I have this in CD form and I paid £11 for it. Considering the amount of songs on it, I think this is a bargain! It's also available in digital form and can be purchased from iTunes for £9.99.

~*~*~* THE CD *~*~*~

This album comes with three separate CD's which are all labelled CD 1, CD 2 & CD 3 so it is easy to tell which is which is which which one you want to play. The track listing is clear and well laid out. The album cover is very summery looking - it's a simple picture of a beach with the album title in big writing over the top.

~*~*~* THE ARTISTS *~*~*~

The songs on this album are all by different artists. There are a lot of well known names on it such as Wiley, Tulisa, Cheryl Cole, Example and many more - too many to name! There are also a few that took me back to the good old days - shapeshifters, DJ Sammy etc - there's quite a few classics on this album which most people will have heard before at some point.

Most of the songs & artists are very well known but there are a couple of songs with unusual artist names which I'd never heard of before. I think this could put some people off but it actually intrigued me and I couldn't wait to see what the songs were like!

There's a big range of different artists so there's something for everyone on this album and although the song genres are all quite similar most of the artists have a unique sound to them so I don't get bored listening to this album and I don't find my self pressing the skip button every couple of minutes like I tend to do with most of my cd's.

~*~*~* THE SONGS/MY OPINION *~*~*~

There are sixty songs on this album so as I said before it is great value for money. Obviously out of the sixty songs there are a few I'm not too keen on but I like 90% of them and my fiancé also likes most of them. The songs are all in the dance, pop & electric genre and they're all quite well known ones and there are a few classics like Heaven by DJ Sammy which is quite an old and very well known one and I like that there are plenty of well known ones as it makes them easy to sing along to.

There are also some newer, more recent songs on there and some which I'd not heard before buying the album, which is good as I've come across a couple which I really like. I do wish there was more newer ones on it though as most are older ones, I know I said that I like this but some of them ( only a couple) I skip straight away as it gets boring listening to them over & over again especially considering that most of them are dance anthems with very limited/repetitive lyrics (eg now you're gone by basshunter, Lola's theme by shape shifters).

There are no songs on this that I really dislike but I do find some of them a bit too dancey and techno for me, I like songs that have a story to them or at least some nice lyrics but some of them have hardly any lyrics. The songs are all really summery though and uplifting and easy to dance and sing/hum along to. My fiancé also likes the album and it will appeal to most people I think, even my Mum and Dad like most of the songs on it!

Actually, my mum actually asked me to put this on when we were in the car the other day, so I don't think that just because its a dance album that it is purely for the younger people like some people may think. The album has plenty of choice and its easy to skip to a particular song if you want to as the track list is clear and easy to read.

~*~*~* ALL IN ALL *~*~*~

Definitely recommended. I am going to knock one star off though because there are a few too many classics which have been overplayed so much over the years that I don't really want to listen to them again on a new CD.

Four out of five stars.

• 41ggo published 21/07/2013
    Fantabulous
  • catsholiday published 21/07/2013
    Can't say the artists appeal to me much
  • ChemicalRomance published 21/07/2013