LaceyR26 5

LaceyR26

About me: Hey Everyone! I'll be back in the New Year Don't lose touch x L@cey

Member since:03.04.2009

Fantastic results - now please add some chocolate flavour

26.04.2012

Advantages:
Cured my symptoms of IBS; Trapped intestinal gas; bloating; pain;

Disadvantages:
None

27 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. savvyshopper6476
  2. xxfoxyredxx
  3. xxB3CC4xx

Name: 'Oil of Peppermint' Capsules

Manufacture: Holland and Barrett

Price: £6.45 for 180 Capsules (Each tub contains 90 Capsules but it's a 'Buy one get one for a penny' deal!)

Purpose: To support Healthy Digestion

No: Artificial Colours, flavours or sweeteners; Starch; Milk; Lactose; Soya; Gluten; Wheat; Yeast; Fish; Porcine

How to take: Take 1 or 2 capsules after every meal with water. Swallow whole; if you chew; you'll be left with the taste of Peppermint oil in your mouth for a very long time and it may hinder the results.

Capsules: Almost clear; smell and taste of peppermint when you pop them in your mouth; very small and easy to small; quite rubbery.

I suffer from bouts of trapped wind to the point where it's very painful and I can go days without eating. I think that this condition is linked to IBS so if there are any sufferers of IBS or trapped wind, then listen up...

I have tried everything to relieve feelings of bloating, fullness, constipation; diarrhea- from Wind relief tablets like 'Windeze' or 'Rene Deflatine' to laxatives; gripe water; hot water bottles/ patches. All seem to provide short term relief but never get to the root of the problem. I don't eat too fast; I eat enough fibre; I don't drink fizzy drinks and I don't eat a lot of 'gassy' foods either. It's just one of those things that I am plagued with.

So, why did I remain optimistic that 'Peppermint oil Capsules could actually provide some relief? I have read a lot about Peppermint oil capsules for IBS because it is soothing to the digestive tract and reduces the painful spasms. I don't suffer too much from spasms,; just pain from the trapped wind in my intestines (rather than abdomen which can usually be cured by burping). Trapped gas in the intestines is a lot hard to get rid of and is more uncomfortable.

I gambled my £6.45 of 2 tubs of these capsules because it was an excellent offer and I thought that, even if it didn't work, it may be beneficial to my digestion in some way.

Let me tell you, my symptoms cleared up immediately. Unlike wind relief tablets, I sudden rush of trapped gas wasn't expelled. After eating, I could feel my lower abdomen gurgling slightly and any gas that was trapped in my intestines must have been released through the intestines walls - (no embarrassment). It was such a relief. The pain was gone and my appetite returned. Obviously, some of the gas was expelled but in a discrete manner.

One capsule after every meal works wonders and the symptoms of bloating do not even have a chance to occur. They work almost immediately. I can feel my stomach bubbling but rather than suddenly bloating, it suddenly settles and flattens.

I have also noticed that I am using the toilet more regularly and expelling everything that usually gets trapped inside me (causing constipation and wind).

I know that sufferers have problem read articles like this that guarantee success and results; then you've tried it yourself and to your despair, found it to be hopeless. But honestly, these have worked wonders for me.

They are my miracle cure and I am off to buy more already; even though I've only been using them for 4 days!

« Previous review

Add the first comment!

Similar offers for Holland and Barrett Extra Strength Oil of Peppermint Capsules »

1 to 3 out of 6 similar offers for Holland and Barrett Extra Strength Oil of Peppermint Capsules Show all similar offers
Holland & Barrett Extra Strength Chondroitin Complex Caplets - 60 Caplets

Holland & Barrett Extra Strength Chondroitin Complex Caplets - 60 Caplets

Extra Strength Glucosamine Chondroitin Complex combines both Glucosamine Sulphate and ... more

normal ... Extra Strength Glucosamine Chondroitin
Complex combines both Glucosamine Sulphate and
normal bone and in the normal formation of
connective tissue. Extra Strength Glucosamine
Chondroitin Complex is an excellent choice for
those seeking first-rate supplementation.

Postage & Packaging:  £1.99

Holland & Barrett Extra Strength Chondroitin Complex Caplets - 120 Caplets

Holland & Barrett Extra Strength Chondroitin Complex Caplets - 120 Caplets

normal ... Extra Strength Glucosamine Chondroitin
Complex combines both Glucosamine Sulphate and
normal bone and in the normal formation of
connective tissue. Extra Strength Glucosamine
Chondroitin Complex is an excellent choice for
those seeking first-rate supplementation.

Postage & Packaging:  £0.00

Rate it now
Holland & Barrett Extra Strength Omega 3 Krill Oil Softgel Capsules 1500mg - 60 Softgels

Essential Fatty Acids are considered essential as they cannot be made by the body and have ... more

to be consumed within the diet. Krill are small
crustaceans which provide the omega-3 fatty acids
known as EPA and DHA. The government recommends
... Essential Fatty Acids are considered essential
as they cannot be made by the body and have to be
consumed within the diet. Krill are small
crustaceans which provide the omega-3 fatty acids
known as EPA and DHA. The government recommends
eating two portions of fish a week, one of which
should be oily fish, however this can be difficult
for some. Holland & Barrett's Omega 3 Krill Oil
can help you to obtain sufficient quantities of
essential fatty acids in a contaminant free, pure
form. The EPA and DHA in krill oil are in the form
of phospholipids, which are absorbed far more
efficiently and are more bioavailable. Krill oil
also contains astaxanthin; the pigment that gives
krill its bright pink colour. DHA contributes to
the maintenance of normal brain function and
vision When combined, EPA and DHA contribute to
the normal function of the heart. These beneficial
effects are obtained with a daily intake of 250mg