Holland and Barrett Extra Strength Oil of Peppermint Capsules

Holland and Barrett Extra Strength Oil of Peppermint Capsules

Supplement - Peppermint Oil - Capsule

Review of "Holland and Barrett Extra Strength Oil of Peppermint Capsules"

published 26/04/2012 | LaceyR26
Member since : 03/04/2009
Hey Everyone! I'll be back in the New Year Don't lose touch x L@cey
Pro Cured my symptoms of IBS; Trapped intestinal gas; bloating; pain;
Cons None
Effectiveness
Price level
Duration of treatment

"Fantastic results - now please add some chocolate flavour"

Name: 'Oil of Peppermint' Capsules

Manufacture: Holland and Barrett

Price: £6.45 for 180 Capsules (Each tub contains 90 Capsules but it's a 'Buy one get one for a penny' deal!)

Purpose: To support Healthy Digestion

No: Artificial Colours, flavours or sweeteners; Starch; Milk; Lactose; Soya; Gluten; Wheat; Yeast; Fish; Porcine

How to take: Take 1 or 2 capsules after every meal with water. Swallow whole; if you chew; you'll be left with the taste of Peppermint oil in your mouth for a very long time and it may hinder the results.

Capsules: Almost clear; smell and taste of peppermint when you pop them in your mouth; very small and easy to small; quite rubbery.

I suffer from bouts of trapped wind to the point where it's very painful and I can go days without eating. I think that this condition is linked to IBS so if there are any sufferers of IBS or trapped wind, then listen up...

I have tried everything to relieve feelings of bloating, fullness, constipation; diarrhea- from Wind relief tablets like 'Windeze' or 'Rene Deflatine' to laxatives; gripe water; hot water bottles/ patches. All seem to provide short term relief but never get to the root of the problem. I don't eat too fast; I eat enough fibre; I don't drink fizzy drinks and I don't eat a lot of 'gassy' foods either. It's just one of those things that I am plagued with.

So, why did I remain optimistic that 'Peppermint oil Capsules could actually provide some relief? I have read a lot about Peppermint oil capsules for IBS because it is soothing to the digestive tract and reduces the painful spasms. I don't suffer too much from spasms,; just pain from the trapped wind in my intestines (rather than abdomen which can usually be cured by burping). Trapped gas in the intestines is a lot hard to get rid of and is more uncomfortable.

I gambled my £6.45 of 2 tubs of these capsules because it was an excellent offer and I thought that, even if it didn't work, it may be beneficial to my digestion in some way.

Let me tell you, my symptoms cleared up immediately. Unlike wind relief tablets, I sudden rush of trapped gas wasn't expelled. After eating, I could feel my lower abdomen gurgling slightly and any gas that was trapped in my intestines must have been released through the intestines walls - (no embarrassment). It was such a relief. The pain was gone and my appetite returned. Obviously, some of the gas was expelled but in a discrete manner.

One capsule after every meal works wonders and the symptoms of bloating do not even have a chance to occur. They work almost immediately. I can feel my stomach bubbling but rather than suddenly bloating, it suddenly settles and flattens.

I have also noticed that I am using the toilet more regularly and expelling everything that usually gets trapped inside me (causing constipation and wind).

I know that sufferers have problem read articles like this that guarantee success and results; then you've tried it yourself and to your despair, found it to be hopeless. But honestly, these have worked wonders for me.

They are my miracle cure and I am off to buy more already; even though I've only been using them for 4 days!