Home Choice

published 11/01/2007 | LazyCustomer
Member since : 11/01/2007
Satisfactory
Pro Bundled TV on demand, telehpone and internet services
Cons Patchy digital TV reception, unreliable internet, truly awful customer service

"Buyer beware"

I'm having a day from hell with HomeChoice.

In attempting to change telephone tarriff 8 days ago, the HomeChoice client management system decided to arbitrarily disconnect my internet.

OK, no problem, - mistakes happen. I'm an IT bod and need the internet for my work, so I'm on the phone first thing trying to sort it out.

I wait a /very/ long time on the phone before I get to speak to someone in tech support.

They explain that my ADSL has been disconnected and that they'll 'attempt' to find out why. I'm promised a callback from their Disconnections Department within 4/6 hours.

Nothing happens, I ring again, wait again, ask the chappy to stick an urgent note on my account. No notes of my previous call seems to have been made - I need to explain the whole situation all over again. I'm told again I'll get a call back. Nothing happens. I try to get a direct number for the Disconnections Department and am told no such number exists.

This is just silly - I mean - what department /doesn't/ have a telephone number? How does the waterboard get in touch, or the guy who delivers the sandwiches - come on...

So I ring back tech support and am met with endless 'there's nothing I can do'. I suspect they're just not taking the situation at all seriously. I'm now being told it might take 6 days to get my internet back. Escalating the situation gets me the manager, who is so adept at stone walling, I suspect he's had /plenty/ of practice. No guarantees, no promises of a callback from the Disconnections Department, no nothing.

Absurd.

OK. Mea culpa. I wanted to save money, so I left the perfectly competant but slightly more expensive Zen Internet - who had /never/ dropped the ball during the whole 2 years I spent with them. I even had my own account manager who I could ring for help. All for an extra £2 a month. And now I've lost a days business and counting...

HomeChoice are fine so long as nothing goes wrong. But when it does - you're in a world of trouble.

Product Information : Home Choice

LazyCustomer

Member since:11.01.2007

Buyer beware

11.01.2007

Advantages:
Bundled TV on demand, telehpone and internet services

Disadvantages:
Patchy digital TV reception, unreliable internet, truly awful customer service

Recommendable No:

3 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. thereddragon
  2. sweetdaisy
  3. MAFARRIMOND
and a further member

I'm having a day from hell with HomeChoice.

Absurd.

OK. Mea culpa. I wanted to save money, so I left the perfectly competant but slightly more expensive Zen Internet - who had /never/ dropped the ball during the whole 2 years I spent with them. I even had my own account manager who I could ring for help. All for an extra 2 a month. And now I've lost a days business and counting...

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

Add the first comment!