Home-Tek HT824 Steam MOP

Home-Tek HT824 Steam MOP

Steam Mop - Max Boiler Wattage:1550 - without Variable Steam Regulation

Review of "Home-Tek HT824 Steam MOP"

published 04/06/2008 | b4rbienightmare
Member since : 04/06/2008
Pro quick, easysetup, no messing, cleans spotless, cheap, no soaked floors to dry, robust
Cons none
Performance
Noise
Safety

"Home-tek Ht834 Steam Mop... Fantastic"

I bought this steamer mop about 6 months ago .

I have mostly hard floors in my house, 1 very large boisterous dog and 2 mucky kids so I hate having to mop the floors.
I thought i would try a simple steam mop, I didn't want anything to flash or a multi talented steam appliance, I just wanted a better faster easier alternative to string mops and soggy floors.

The Home tek mop was a cheaper option than most of the other similar steam products It looked simple and straight forward but to be honest I didn't have a whole lot in faith in it becoming like a best friend.

I can honestly say I will never look back after buying the Home-tek Ht834 Steam Mop. Its fantastic, Its fast and easy to setup to use, always spotless cleaning and with no effort also the pads are washable, I just chuck mine in the washing machine and not had to replace it yet.
It stands up on its own so no need to lean it against a wall.

It comes with a removable mop pad with velcro on the back that stick straight to the bottom of the mop , you just have to place the mop on top of it and bingo, I've never had one fall off its a very strong grip.
Mine came with a carpet attachment that you just stand the mop on so it glides over rugs and carpets , I find this really useful, no messing about attaching and un-attaching, you don't even need to bend down.
I think you can also get the mop with an extra patio attachment too, I wish i had bought this now knowing how good the mop is!

Setting the mop is so easy , easier than the mop and bucket.
It has a smallish water tank along the pole handle that you fill with cold water from the measure jug that comes with the mop, plug the mop into the wall and a light comes on, after a minuet (if that ) its ready to use, press the foot pedal/button and it pumps the water slowly and you will have a continuous steam supply till the water tank is empty.
I can do a large living room floor on one tank of water and if its really dirty then i will refill the tank probably once half way through. The tank is not hot so you can refill it immediately with out worry of burning your hand .
While using the mop the steam let out is well controlled so if the dog happens to attack the mop or give it a good sniff it won't end up with a burnt nose.
The floor dries very fast and with out a slippery surface , I was very very surprised just how much as normally with a traditional mop and bucket the floor its a death trap and has to be left to dry for ages.
I found the mop tackled ground in marks and sticky marks excellently and best of all lifts grease.
If ever I'm cooking and the floor starts to get a bit slippy I just whip out the steam mop and within a couple of mins its squeaky clean and dry too.
This is a seriously good buy and any one who hates mopping the floor should get one.

I haven't found any bad points yet.