Review of "Homebase Paint"

published 01/04/2003 | gill1960
Member since : 17/08/2002
Pro Good choice
Cons Slightly dearer

"Homebase"

Where do I absolutely love going any day of the week? Homebase. I always shop till I drop; I am a home improvement addict.

Homebase is sometimes a little pricier than other well-known Home DIY stores, But they seem to have everything there you need, a one stop shop shall I say.

I have wasted more money on petrol, going from shop to shop looking for a bargain in the past that I have now resigned my self to Homebase.

The shop doesn’t remind you of a DIY store, the layout has a more personal touch. It is always fresh,clean and airy in there. It is not just DIY things it sells the finishing touches.

If you are a shopaholic in Homebase it is worth getting one of their cards, then every pound you spend you will get rewarded. Just go to the till to pay your bill they will swipe your card through a machine. That is the way to earn points and points build up into pounds.
Every year I get a gift voucher to the value of my points.

When you pay your bill Homebase accepts cash cheques major credit and debit cards Visa, MasterCard, Switch and American Express.

What exactly do they sell?

All of your bathroom needs from baths to the accessories needed in your bathroom, toilet roll holders, mirrors, towels etc. They will even arrange for someone to come and fit your new bathroom.

Wallpaper, wall tiles, floor tiles, Paint, talking of paint they will even mix you that unusual colour the one that you can never find.

Kitchens are a speciality in the Homebase by me, they have so many different designs, and you will be spoilt for choice. The staff on the kitchen department are more than helpful and they seem to know what they are talking about.

We musn’t forget all of the kitchen essentials to go into your kitchen, from kettles to pots and pans it is all there waiting for you to discover.

Your own home office, desks, cupboards, and storage you name it you’ll find it. They have really cute little box things to keep your bits and bobs in.

The bedroom, whether you’re into satin quilt covers or children’s cartoon covers you will find it in the soft
Furnishing section, yes, they even have curtains to match.

The lighting section is great from lamps, ceiling lights, spotlights, garden lights, pond lights the list goes on.

The houseplant and garden section is a must. They have beautiful vases & planters for indoor and outdoor use. They also stock the most amazing plants to fill your planters/pots. If you’re not into fresh flowers for your vases they have a wide selection of dried flowers.

For those of you who are into incense/candle type thing head straight for that section the smell alone in that section sends me into the paradise mood.

Men’s things.

Power tools, Wood, Doors, pluming, Lawnmowers, Wooden flooring, Plaster, grout, hand tools….Need I say more about men’s things.

If you are doing a bit of house decorating or gardening I really would advise you to go to Homebase.
Look out for adverts in your local paper that say Homebase is having a 10% off day….you will make a big saving there especially if you are buying a lot of stuff.

I have always found the staff very helpful, even when I have returned something that was not quite right. They are polite and pleasant. It sure makes a change these days.
Enjoy your shop

• pippylongstockings published 07/02/2004
    reading this review it reads like it was written by the chairman of the board of homebase, that said i think it is a good all round home improvement store.
  • starsally published 05/04/2003
    They tend to have a range that extends quite far beyody what you would expect from a DIY store. :) Sal x
  • SueMagee published 02/04/2003
    It's some time since I've been there as the last few times that I went everything was so disorganised that it didn't seem worth the effort.