Review of "Homebase.co.uk"

Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Sainsbury Homebase - Broken Promise"

In early July I ordered 2 sofa's from a local Sainsbury Homebase store. I had just moved home and decided that rather than move my old sofa 200 miles at great expense I would treat myself to a new one. Having searched around on line for the best deal I was put off by the 90 day delivery quoted by some stores. Therefore I was delighted when by chance saw a very comfortable and reasonably priced pair of sofas in a local Homebase store with a promised delivery of only 30 days. As the expected delivery time drew near I called for confirmation of the date, only to find - after several calls and transfers around different departments and/or personnel, that due to a change of catalogue which now had my chosen model under a different code, my order had not been processed and would have to be placed again with a further 30 day delivery time. This second 30 days was up this week, but instead of receiving 2 sofas, all I got was a letter headed "1st Broken Promise" and explaining that due to demand, the expected delivery time would now be in the first week of October. I am not impressed. If only I had gone to another stsore in the first place as a friend of mine did, I would now, like her, be happily sitting on a new sofa which actually arrived in less than the quoted 90 days, instead of sitting on a borrowed garden chair !