Review of "Homedics HG-1"

published 07/08/2011 | sorehead
Member since : 30/04/2011
Pro works well and not too dear
Cons none

"Simple Home Massage"

My other half suffers from muscular neck pain from time to time, she says it is because she is always having to turn her head in the car to check on the little lad when we go on long family journeys in the car. She cannot sit in the back with him as she suffers from terrible car sickness.

We bought this very simple and cheap hand held massager from online store Amazon for about ten pounds about eight months ago. It has two settings, (1 is normal massage and 2 is a deeper and more powerful massage). My other half is able to use this herself with ease but I also help her to reach to the bits where she cannot get to.

It is operated by batteries and they do last a long time as not only my wife uses it regularly but I also get her to use it on me on my aching back, especially after I have been driving long distances for work.

It is easy and simple to keep hold of and the handle enables you to get a good decent firm grip every time. What I really like about this is the fact that it has a swivel head, so you are able to get it to go to places quite easily, like the small of your back or around the shoulder area, where I suffer from a lot of aches and pains.

I always feel very rested and relaxed after I have used this device. When it is switched on you can see it is in use by the little green light which comes on (LED). It is fairly compact at only 30cm in length and it is very lightweight. It is also not as noisy a massager as some of the other ones I have used and I have used a lot of massagers during my life.

Really recommended.