Review of "Honda CBR600F4"

published 25/02/2002 | alexmessomalex
Member since : 24/02/2002
Pro price, comfort, engine, brakes
Cons cooling system
Performance
Reliability
Handling
Customer service

"2002 MODEL injection and electronics"

************** modification of the 14-02-2002 **************
Unfortunately months ago my motorbike has been crushed and the assurance of the crusher payed me completely so in the past month I registered my new CBR 600F 2002. The opinion of the past year is not changed null therefore that you read here under is still valid, the modifications are only in the colorations (classic HRC red-white-blue are of a darker blue) and in restyling of the direction pointers (now more streamlined).
*****************************************************

I have paid the new HONDA CBR 600F 2001 white-red-blue in monday 30/07/2001 obtaining approximately 12,5% of reduction in price (WOW!). Tuesday 31/07/2001 I have sold my YAMAHA TZR125 RR of 1995. Wednesday 01/08/2001 I have received the plate number and have gone to take it. Only 2 days, a record delivery!

As soon as gone up I felt comfort, very manageable and comfortable in spite of my meter and ninety four centimeters of stature (the shape of the tank leaves space also for the longer legs:) and the guide position does not obligate to excessive cargos on the wrists).

Engine: it has an elasticity and a truly impeccable progression, suitable to the super-sport guide with its 13.800 rpm and to the tourist guide. It can be docile like a cat but when you open gas it unloads on asphalt all its 110CV and becomes one uncontrollable tiger.

Comfort: the ease of handling is one of its better dowries, the saddleback is wide and comfortable also for the long travels with passenger (my girlfriend is enthusiastic of it);

Suspensions: they are adjustable in rigidity and in extension, 2 minute with a screwdriver and it can be transformed from one racing pushed to one calm touring motorbike. The series regulations are suitable for a middle-sport guide.

Brakes: fantastic, the double disc is overdimensioned and with is enough a finger in order to obtain the most effective braking.

Gear: a little lazy and disobedient at the beginning but after first kilometers it becomes soft and precise, I advise not to exaggerate in the first 1000 Km changing under the 5000 rpm.

Support: there are both type, the traditional (lateral) one and the most comfortable central one useful when you park the bike on gravel.

Electronics: the presence of electronics has impressed me. The injectors are managed dearly for an optimal engine and for contained consumptions. There is a damages detection system with a very visible red spy. The fuel only comes marked when there are few liters and a bar blinks signals for the residual’s. The digital display is very visible at night but also under the sunlight.

Burglar alarm: immobilizer has reduced of 70% the thefts; in bike’s key there is a chip detected by HISS system (Honda Ignition Security System), where problems found the system blocks injectors in the engine.

Autonomy: equal to the other bikes of the same category with its 17 liters of tank, at the speed of 130Km/h you approximately consume a liter for 18 kilometers. A tank is about for 250 kilometers.

Tires: are perfect for medium use, for the races I prefer softer tires but I think if I would race I bought CBR 600S :-) The behind tire offers an impressive stability and when you folds the bike transmits you a nice security.

The only one defect found : the cooling system is unsufficient, when you drive slowly, display indicates 110°C, the cooler often runs, chassis become hot and you feel warm tank on the legs ;-) so accelerate and the temperature goes around 85°C (on the use handbook for maintenance I read that until 130°C the red spy of danger does not ignite itself, like F1!!! :-))

The most complete bike of the category, an optimal purchase!
You can find picture here :

P.S. Excuse my bad english, I'm from Italy :-)

• Hoethir published 14/12/2005
    A good review, very nice opinion. -=- Hoethir -=-
  • Morgenhund published 28/02/2002
    A good start, although a few strange choices of word - e.g. autonomy... I came to this op following your comment about using your mobile phone whilst driving... Just stay clear of me then, when you are driving! Mike
  • christopherj84 published 26/02/2002
    Good opinion but the translation makes it awkward to follow at places, otherwise this is good, see you around the site and I hope your English improves, Chris.