Review of "Honda CBR600F4"

published 24/06/2002 | quick789
Reliability
Handling
Customer service

"Sweet lovely F4"

I have been riding my gixxer for 40 month till I get my CBR900RRV in 00. Rode the Fireblade for 10 months till I laid my eyes on a used CBR600F4 June 2001, with 8000km on the clock.

Been riding it for 12 months and travelled 20000km under my hand....First impression of the bike is gentle instead of aggressive. This bike come with a mainstand....Scratch my head?? Why?? Now then I realised that this bike is meant for Track but yet retained it street usbility. Perfect for my case here.

I tried the 2001 CBR600f4i before I bought my F4. F4i pull slightly stronger at low rev, fret not F4 have no problem in keeping up at all times. Honda fuel-injection suck big time, F4i is so noisy and unrefined compared to the older brother the carb model.

My prior CBR900RRV was easy to live with, plus that tendon ripping power. Been doing abit of touring from Singapore to Malaysia on my CBR900RRV, my girlfriend complaint about the awkward seating posture. I love my girlfriend. Therefore, CBR600F4 is the only solution for those sport orientated rider yet need to ferry their girlriends for long distance. With a multilayers Tankbags and rain coats, we have travelled thousands of miles on it with her comfortably.

Of course, it can never be more comfy than real tourer, but CBR600F4 bring me more joys than just touring. For those naughty speed freak and corner mania like myself, look no further.

He never fails to send me to work daily, and the fully adjustable suspensions allows me to scrap of some rubbers on Race Track confidently despite with modest BT010.

Top speed tried so far in Highway is 264km/hr with deflated 33psi front/36psi rear. If fully flated tyre to spec of 36/42 psi the speed should be faster.

18 litres of petrol for one full tank. For Normal road use whereby I seldom do, can give me a 280km till the reserve light kick in. Usually street use with a average travelling speed of 120km/hr will give me about 230 to 240km till reserve.

CBR600F4 is a bike that is master of all trade, but not the best is all aspect.

If you need speed...Hayabusa and ZX12 will come to our mind.

If you need Comfort bike....ST11 or FJR1300 comfortably as your house sofa.

If you need a bike that is pratical, light on pocket, easy maintenance, nimble for track days and street blasting, comfortable enough for touring. CBR600F4 is the one for you.

• Deni published 25/06/2002
    Hi and welcome, good first op, although a little more detail would gain a VH rating. cheers Deni
  • whitbybunny published 25/06/2002
    Hiya and welcome to Ciao! Rated as helpful as the jargon and model numbers etc confused me a little bit..Best Wishes, Julie
  • bwanamdevu published 24/06/2002
    A warm welcome to ciao. As in the previous comment a bit more info on the specification of this bike would earn a higher rating. Paul.