Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC

Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC

Honda present the Civic 1.6 VTEC Executive 5dr Hatchback with 5 Speed - (Man) / 4 Speed - (Auto), Front (FWD) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC"

published 26/06/2001 | vinodgm
Member since : 26/05/2001
Pro Fuel consumption, luxurious for the price
Cons None that I know
Safety
Spaciousness
Road Handling
Customer service

"Is this some car or what."

I recently bought the 2001 Honda Civic Coupe (4 door). To be honest with you it wasn't a hard decision. I have owned two Honda's previously- 1988 Prelude and 1994 Accord.

I knew going in that I wanted to Honda Civic Coupe EX. There are four Civic Coupes available, each different mostly because of options.

The Honda Civic Coupe comes in array of interior/exterior colors (but still depending on which model you choose):

Clover Green Pearl/Beige
Taffeta White/Beige
Eternal Blue Pearl/Beige
Inca Pearl/Black
Satin Silver Metallic/Black
Rallye Red/Black
Rallye Red/Beige
Nighthawk Black Pearl/Black (my choice)

SAFETY
As you know, this is THE most important factor. All the Honda Civic Coupes are standardly equipped with the following:
steal door beams
dual front airbags
3 point seat belts
front crush zone
anti lock braking
Airbags

My car in particular, the EX, is very roomy. My mother, brother and children and myself made a trip to Liverpool (from London) a month ago. We were comfortable through the duration of the trip (well as comfortable as you can be driving on a long trip). The numbers for head room and leg room for the EX are as follows:

Head room (front to rear) 36.9/35.0
Leg room (front to rear)42.5/32.8

And the petrol consumption was fantastic, but all of my Honda's have had superb mileage. Here again are the numbers:

5 speed(manual) -32/37
4 speed (automatic)31/38

OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES
There are many options and accessories that can be installed before your purchase or can be added later. On my Honda Civic Coupe EX, the following are standard (yet there are still more than I will list):

Air Conditioning w/Micron Air-Filtration
CD Player w/6 Speakers and Anti-Theft
Power Door Locks
Cruise control
Adjustable Steering Column
Remote Trunk Release w/Lock
60/40 Split Fold Down Rear Seatback w/Lock
Beverage Holder (front and rear)
Remote Fuel Filler Door Release
Tires- All Season- 15" w/ full covers

Being that I have only had my Honda Civic Coupe for 11 weeks, I cannot comment on this automobile's overall performance. But I anticipate the same satisfaction as I had with the previous Honda's I have owned.

If anyones interested in a new car do and check out the Honda range.
You will not be dissapointed.

• allywellston published 23/10/2001
    Broken down ery nicely, easy to read and easy to understand, better than honda.com itself.
  • Conicview published 10/07/2001
    Thanks for that op. I had a Honda Civic some years ago and really like it. Looks like things have improved.
  • Zebra published 28/06/2001
    Its those damb Japanese they certainly know how to build a car l have an MR2 and would not change it