Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC

Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC

Honda present the Civic 1.6 VTEC Executive 5dr Hatchback with 5 Speed - (Man) / 4 Speed - (Auto), Front (FWD) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC"

published 11/05/2007 | Jaws311uk
Member since : 11/05/2007
Pro Good built, reliability, smooth ride, good economy, funky interior
Cons Have'nt found any
Safety
Spaciousness
Road Handling
Customer service

"Honda Civic"

In my family we have 4 cars, 3 of which are hondas, two of them are Civic's, they really are that good! I often am a skeptic when it comes to people telling me such things.

I bought my civic 5 months ago, 2nd hand from a local dealer, the car is 5 years old and had 69000 miles on the clock. Even so, I knew that Honda cars are built to last. Its the way they engineer the cars - quality and lots of it.

The car its self has given me no problems what so ever. It is a very smooth ride, and offers excellent fuel economy without comprising on other areas. It is a very powerful car and as such I wouldnt recommend it for drivers you have just passed there tests (plus the insurance for first time drivers is substantial

There is ample boot space and if you fold the seats (60/40 split) you could easily go camping. Or fit several pairs of skis in. Im a fairly outdoors type of person and am always away doing something, either skiing, walking or rock climbing. The boot space this car offers for such pursuits is fab. Although fitting 2 large suitcases could prove challenging.

The interior is funky and gives the feeling of being very spacious. It's one of the first things I noticed when I took the car for a test drive. To be honest I was somewhat cautious when I took the test drive, the dealer kept saying to give it some power and in the end I gave in and gave the car quite a hard time. I was rather impressed and decided to buy the car, I was very much aware of the reputation of Honda cars and knew that I would not be disappointed with the quallity of the car.
One of the other things I like about this car is because of the raised gear box, there is no console between the front seats, again re-enforcing the feeling of space in the cabin.

The other civic we have has a leather interior, well worth it for a cold morning (as it has heated front seats). The interior is black leather and gives quite a distigushed feeling.
Most passengers will comment on the positioning of the gear stick, most think it is uncomforable, however ask any civic driver and im sure they will say that it is by far one of the most comforable components of the car.
I love the interior of the car, it looks very smart and honda have designed it to look good no matter what.

The CD player and sound system is good, it all depends on how loud you like your music, the system is fine if you dont listen to music loud, but if you like "boom boom" music then I would upgrade. For instance my car has the honda brand CD player and speakers which come as standard. I have no complaints as I dont normally listen to "boom boom" music. However in the executive civic we bought and customised the sound system. The difference between to two cars is quite noticable with reference to the sound output. I mean lets face it, not many people I know get into there car and simply drive. Most will put the radio on or a favorite CD. Without the incar audio system driving would lose face. If you know what I mean. Im not by any means slating the Honda brand that comes as standard, it would be quite adequate for the majority of drivers. However customising the car is simply adding your own "touch" to an already brilliant design.

In closing, I made the right decision to buy the car, the car is a legend in its own right and as long as Honda can churn cars out like this little beauty I can see them doing very well indeed in the British markets. Buying a Honda (not just the civic) is a mark of character in that you are driving a reliable, safe and stylish car. Im a firm believer in saying that the car you drive reflects the person thats driving. Plus as well as being a brilliant car you always have piece of mind that you have bought a quality vehicle regardless of how old it may be.

• perfectlypolished published 12/05/2007
    A good first review, welcome to Ciao! Lin
  • cooldude28 published 12/05/2007
    Nice review you have written! ;) Dan Could do with a little more info!
  • Bens__mummy published 11/05/2007
    Good review but could do with some more info to gain higher ratings. Take a look at other reviews to get an idea of the level of info that is needed to gain higher ratings. x