Review of "Honda VFR 750"

published 27/12/2010 | Bermyflemming
Reliability
Handling
Customer service

"VFR FS my dream :D"

This is my first review, so ill take this story all the way back to the beginning :)

I had never been into modern bikes when I was younger, more into the old retro types that I seen my dad riding (whooper dreams, cx, and still my wee fav the cm). But i decided to become a bike mechanic, and during my time I kept hearing of this VFR... the honda jewel. My lecturer always banged on about how when I got a shot of one id be hooked (tall words I thought).
To cut a long story short, the chance to buy one at a very reasonable price came up, so i took it ( it was nealy two hundred miles away though). it had no service history and 20k miles, but the guy assured me it was mint! I did all my checks on it, and took it for a test drive (my lecturer was right, the bike and I bonded straight away) the ride home was a blur, just one big long grin. We hit heavy rain and wind and the bike couldn't care less. The handling was a mixture of pure comfort and precision. the power range was shall we say addictive :) the fuel gauge never seemed to move (it has a gauge:D). the bike seemed to read my mind at corners and the engine tone was just pure music. I cant remember how long the trip home took, but I could have done double and still been ready for more (unlike the bike i tried previously, the back breaking cbr-400).
I cant give you official stats on this bike (V4, twin gear driven cams per cylinder, single sided swing arm, 4into 2 into 1 exhaust and a decent fuel tank capacity and boasts around 100bhp, also fitted was a rear hugger and scot oiler

• Loubenet published 28/12/2010
    Good first review. Welcome to Ciao.
  • CGholy published 28/12/2010
    Welcome to Ciao.
  • D_i_a_n_e published 28/12/2010
    My cousin is hooked on a Honda motorbike too but I dunno which type. Love freedom, huh? Welcome to Ciao! x