Hong Kong Disneyland, Hong Kong

Hong Kong Disneyland, Hong Kong

Theme Park

Review of "Hong Kong Disneyland, Hong Kong"

published 27/07/2008 | medgenie
Member since : 07/05/2008
Pro Good day out for family
Cons NA
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"Disneyland Hong Kong"

Personally, I've been to nearly all the Disneylands, apart from the one in Florida. It was good to know that it has finally arrive in Hong Kong, my birthplace.

It is located in the Lantau Islands, close to the new airport. I went there after a few months of opening. You need to get on the railway network of MTR and interchange for the Disneyland Resort Line at Sunny Bay Station. In there, you can on the special "disney" train. Once I got on it, I was already very excited. Inside the train, they have put in various statues of disney characters on display. Also, the windows on the train are all shaped like Mickey's head!!

It is not a huge place like the one in Califonia but contains all the typical things you would find in a Disneyland such as taking photos with characters, souvenir shopping, 3D theatre, various rides and adventures.

My perosnal tip is to get there early and start queuing for taking photos with the characters. They have a queue for each one such as Donald Duck and Daisy, Mickey and Minni, Winnie the Pooh etc. After that, you can start making your way to queue for the various rides. I strongly recommend the Snow Mountain and the Jungle River Cruise.

However, the thing I would never miss in a Disneyland is the parade. There is one in midday and one in the evening. I went to both and it was a good opportunity to take lots of pictures. In the evening parade, they also have fireworks which can really spice up your evening.

It is not exceptional to those who've been to Disneyland but it's Disneyland in the Hong Kong style.