Airport

Review of "Hong Kong (HKG), Hong Kong"

published 30/06/2016 | love0143
Member since : 14/06/2015
I love arts, nature, travelling , collecting currency from different country, composing poetry, watching movies, dancing and listening to music.I am business minded and easy to get along with.
Pro convenient, well organized, clean
Cons I never encounter problem during my stay
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"The Best Airport I ever seen"

Hong Kong (HKG), Hong Kong

Hong Kong's Chek Lap Kok Airport has been named as World Best’s Airport by travelers around the world. It is the largest and well-managed airport I had been through with excellent impressive facilities that put every passenger at peace and convenient. Because of its hugeness, it is not easy to navigate around the place, but with the help of the sign boards, huge screens and May I help You desk I find it cool with assurance to be guided to my destination especially that whom I get acquainted knows how to speak English and very accommodating. It is a very busy yet relaxed airport that operates around-the-clock due to tons of flights going in and out. I just check the huge screen for the status of my departure time and gate.

I never encounter the problem during check in so with my safety and security. No hassles as well at the Immigration. There is a place to charge gadgets and I join the travelers at the charging stations because my gadgets are already out of battery. Plenty of seats , strong free WiFi connections, few smoking area for those who smokes, cuisines to satisfy hunger and lots of shops to wander that is why even if travelers will arrive early, boredom will not take place. I roam around the place to appreciate the gorgeous airport. I did not purchase anything out there since I already avail souvenirs for my family and friends.

The lounges are great as well to relax, sleep and even take shower to freshen up while waiting for a flight, but you need to pay and it depends on how many hours you will stay. The Shower Package costs £19.23 (HK$200) while the 2 hours lounge package costs £45.90 (HK$480), during my visit. But I rather prefer to enjoy my last day wandering.

Means of transportation going to the city is easy and convenient such as train and bus. I find train quite fast and is cheaper compared to a bus. Taxi is also available. The fare depends on how far the destination. I just forgot the exact amount.

I am really amazed at the facilities in the airport. I find it wonderful, clean, well equipped and very organized. From the windows, the great view of the mountains can even be seen so with the cable car on Lantau Island that brings travelers to the famous Big Buddha.

Hong Kong's Chek Lap Kok Airport is the best airport I ever was seen.

• armor567 published 26/09/2016