Advantages It works - if you continue to maintain it - lightweight, easy to use if you remove squeegee strip.
Disadvantages Plastic quality leaves a lot to be desired, high price, escaping dust.
• Model: Hoover Alyx upright JC2145. Not the Junior stick vac as shown here on Ciao!
• 1400 watt fixed power. Shame the motor is so noisy in use.
• Red metallic colouring – actually no Hoover, it’s red and there’s only one part on the machine which has a red metallic insert, the rest is cheap red plastic.
• 130 air watts; Ah but only when the bin is empty and not full!
• HEPA washable filter; yes it is washable but you have to wait 24 hours to dry according to the manual.
• Bagless cyclonic; yes the dirt spins but then the mesh filter can get blocked!
• Easy to empty down trapdoor mechanism; still a dirty procedure.
• Pre motor filter – NO there isn’t one near the motor and that means more dust.
• Edge to edge cleaning – according to Hoover it doesn’t, but it does for me!
• Precise Brush Height Control – No, there are no dials, it adjusts automatically.
• Stair cleaning hose – not quite, the hose isn’t long enough to cover an average length of stairs; one or two if you’re lucky before the model tips over.
• Tools on board – a cheap plastic holder sits below the handle and holds a short crevice tool and a 360° upholstery brush – these are not Hoover tools and are larger than the usual 32mm fitment. No extension pipe has been offered either.
• Weight: 5 kg according to Hoover. Yes it is lightweight!
• Cord length 6 metres; and there’s also a handy clip at the top of the cleaner to ensure the cord doesn’t get trapped up the floor head.
• Original price £50 to £60, second hand pricing £30 to £50. This is now a model that is available to buy (2011 onwards) on Gumtree as a second hand model or refurbished off EBAY.
• Tesco (2011) now have the replacement model for £45.
|Value for money|
|How much did you pay?||£49-99 in 2007|
|Special features?||compact body, hose on the back with tools, good motor.|
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment