Hostelworld.com

Online Ticket Booking

Review of "Hostelworld.com"

published 14/07/2006 | smilesalot2u
Member since : 14/07/2006
Pro Easy to use well organized
Cons If you have a complaint nowhere to turn to
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Agree with review by blackdahlia"

I too was looking for budget housing, for one of my travels, I paid extra and joined their gold card membership. Everything went along smoothly, I took my trip, hostels and hotels had my reservations at all the places I stayed in Southern France region.
It wasn't until I wrote my review that I realized something was wrong.
Overall I had a wonderful experience but at one place I was attacked by bedbugs (this can happen at any hotel), and left the next morning even though I paid for 2 nights. I told the manager a couple days later and about the bedbugs and showed him the photos I took, he was curtious and polite but has never returned any of my emails since. When I wrote that in the review and checked it a day later all was there but, low and behold a week latter all my commentaries were gone only then did I realize why there are only a few commentaries in their listing, there is also no way to update your commenaries or reviews.

Its also interesting to note, my own internal rule if the website doesn't have a physical address or phone number stay away from it.
Don't get me wrong the priceing is right but its the hostel owners who have complete control of what can and cannot be said on hostelworld. Check for yourself, no place to complain for incorrect information or even email.
Yes I will still use hostelworld for booking but I will take all their information with a grain of salt and all commentaries as being doctored by the powers that be. Would I use the Hotel with the bedbugs again yes but I would be inspecting myself occasionally through the night.

• lindsayjayne published 15/07/2006
    Welcome to Ciao. x
  • Newboy3 published 15/07/2006
    Hi and welcome to Ciao. ~ I tend to agree with the comment below - you need to explain a little more about hostelworld.
  • koshkha published 14/07/2006
    I really don't know what that review was about. You assume too much prior knowledge and don't really explain the product/service or whatever it was. And you shouldn't refer to someone else's opinion because we aren't going to go looking for the other review just to find out what you are on about.