Hotel on the Park, Cheltenham

Hotel on the Park, Cheltenham

Hotel - 38 Evesham Road, Cheltenham, Cotswolds, GL52 2AH

Review of "Hotel on the Park, Cheltenham"

published 08/09/2006 | markcathcart
Member since : 29/07/2006
I am a bit of a gadget addict I am afraid and rush to try new products, I am a full time GP working and living in Northern Ireland. I am owned by four dogs and a wife! and 2 budgies and also a few sheep! and now a miniature donkey! (27/12/06)
Pro Nice well appointed hotel
Cons Looks a bit grander on the website! But very nice all the same.

"Cheltenham park, nice base for sightseeing!"

Paramount have a lovely stock of hotels and their website is pretty user friendly too! at:

So when we visit England we love to book a good quality hotel with a good range of amenities and outlook, so it was with the Cheltenham park hotel. Ths hotel looks lovely on the website but is a little less grand in person, that is not to say that we didn't enjoy the stay but just to forewarn you that the pictures are a little nicer than the reality.

Having said that, the hotel itself is very comfortable and convenient, being about 2 miles out of the town on a main arterial road. The hotel has a lovely green area at the back where you can wonder around aimlessly and admire the river or feed the ducks. It is very nice just sitting in this area and chilling out in no hurry to do anything in particular on a warm summers day!

The food is good (breakfast only) although we opted only for the B&B option, I cant say what the evening meals are like and when we stayed evening food wasnt really an option as this hotel seems to be a favourite for local Wedding functions, lots of noise, well dressed people and children running around madly!

Cheltenham is certainly worth a visit to enjoy the Georgian facades and the very good shopping oppurtunites, it is a mangeable town of modest proportions and has all that can be asked of a town this size. It has a realtively small shopping area with some pretty nice shops with some quality shops thrown in for good measure. A lovely day can be spent in the town centre and parking is reasonable and available.

The hotel is about 2 miles out of town and although probably a little far for walking, the rural location allows easy access to the surrounding country-side and all its splendour and myriad of attractions.

The rooms are clean and well appointed, there is a lovely leisure centre with all the requisite water attractions included in the price, parking is free on site.

The glory of Paramount is the website where good value offers can be found for relatively little money, however, we booked through laterooms.com and were pleased with our package and considered the stay to be excellent value for money.

The area around Cheltenham is stunning and as a base this hotel hits all the right spots, there is little to complain about and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for fellow travellers, try to get a discount through one of the travel websites or Paramount's own website and I am sure you wont be disappointed, we certainly weren't.

• Sgathach published 16/09/2006
    I see from the first review I read that you have already started adding more details about the hotels, still this sounded a rather nice place.
  • darkangelwing published 08/09/2006