Hotels.com

Online Hotel Booking

Review of "Hotels.com"

published 07/11/2007 | chellbian
Member since : 22/06/2007
Pro can log in and remember hotels, easy search engines, compatible and cheap prices
Cons none so far!
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Very useful website"

There are so many travel sites on the web nowadays that it is difficult to decide which one to use to book flights, packages and hotels. It can be time consuming searching for the best deal and some of the price comarison sites are not only slow, but extremely biased as they are only affiliated with a few sites.

After trawling the internet for the best deals and offers on US hotels, hostels and holiday homes, my searches almost always brought me back to one site as the cheapest- hotels.com. The majority of the time, hotels.com has been cheaper than booking through the hotel itself! Of course, it is a personal choice as to how long you are willing to spend trawling travel sites, but having booked and stayed in 14 hotels in the past two months (we are traveling across the States at present), I am happy to book with hotels.com every time, partly to save time and partly because I am happy that I am getting the best deal.

Hotels.com offers accommodation all over the world. There has not been a small town in America that I have been unable to find a hotel in as of yet, which I am very impressed with. The site has recently updated their search process. You can search for hotels near a landmark or attraction, by city or county, by rating, by price and even by address if you want a specific hotel. Having signed up for the hotels.com newsletter, I frequently receive offers of the week and information on packages and freebies. ***Note that many offers are available if you search an book on a TUESDAY.***

Although it is not a necessity, you can create an account on hotels.com. This allows you to bookmark hotels as 'favourites', allows the site to remember your previous searches and allows you to check your past and forthcoming hotel stays. The majority of the hotels are paid for through the website which saves time when checking in to the hotel and helps you keep track of what has been paid for and when.

One thing I particularly like about hotels.com is that they do not charge you a cancellation fee (although the hotel itself might still do so). As we know, sometimes plans fall through and this little perk helps a great deal. You can also speak to a customer service advisor on the phone free of charge which is great f you have a query that can't for some reason be sorted on the site.

Hotels.com has been a real lifesaver for me during this trip and I would highly recommend it to other travelers.

• HellyP published 07/11/2007
    Sounds great, particularly the 'memory' part.
  • Expired-Account published 07/11/2007
    I don't think I'll be using it but does sound useful, very helpful