Hotpoint BHWM129

Hotpoint BHWM129

Integrated - Front Loading - Energy Efficiency: A - Max Capacity: 6.5 kg - Width: 59.5 cm

Review of "Hotpoint BHWM129"

published 20/08/2008 | lynseyb
Member since : 17/03/2007
Pro Very quiet, stylish, energy saving..... Need I go on??
Cons Have not found one as yet!
Performance
User's Manual
Maintenance

"Theres no (hot) point in buying any other machine!"

A few weeks ago I was forced to splash out on a new washing machine as my old one simply gave up on me and was not economically viable to repair. I am very fussy when it comes to spending a lot of money on a product and done some serious reading of reviews before eventually choosing the Hotpoint BHWM129, which was described by some as having a built in fully functional laundry in your kitchen.

It has a large wash load of 6.5kg which is useful for washing larger items like bath towels or even duvets but also leaves fewer creases in clothes when a smaller load is put in.

It has an energy rating of A, which is the best you get and will save you money by using a lot less electricity and as it also uses less water it is good on the pocket and the environment.

Similarly it has a top of the range wash performance rating again of A, which simply means it gives the best wash performance available and is proven to be super efficient at removing stains.

It has a hand wash function which is particularly useful if you have a lot of clothes marked for hand wash only but have no time or just can't be bothered with hand washing you can now use this very delicate wash to save any hand washing.

One of my favourite functions on the machine is the anti-crease function, if you have ever put on a washing then went out to return to a bundle of wet clothes lying in a heap at the bottom of the drum badly creased then you too will love this function.

When set to this setting the drum will continue to turn intermittently after the cycle has finished preventing the clothes from falling into a crumpled heap, this also helps with their drying.

The other things I love about the machine is that it looks very nice and also very modern and best of all it is extremely quiet. I could not believe just how quiet it was compared to my old machine and even it was not the loudest I had heard.

OTHER TOP FEATURES.

Variable Spin
Spin Stability
Variable Temperature
Overflow Protection
Overflow Protection
Quickwash

Another huge part of searching for the right machine for me was having to take in to consideration how much space I had in my fitted kitchen for the new machine to go and this one fitted my dimensions perfectly. The dimensions of this machine are.....

Height - 82cm
Width - 59.5cm
Depth - 55cm

Be very, very careful where you buy this machine should you choose to, I paid only £331 plus £19.99 for delivery from Sainsbury online but I also saw this machine priced as high as £504 other places online.

I could not believe the difference in prices of this and had to double check with Sainsbury before buying that this was the same machine I had looked at other places but it was. They have recently reduced it to this price from £440 but I don't think it is just an offer I think it is a permanent price drop.

Thanks for reading.