Hotpoint BWD129

Hotpoint BWD129

Integrated - Front Loading - Energy Efficiency: B - Max Capacity: 5 - Width: 59.5 cm

Review of "Hotpoint BWD129"

published 01/12/2006 | Veropreacher
Member since : 01/12/2006
Pro Compact
Cons Customer Service
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Hotpoint BWD129"

In late October, my washer/dryer was leaking large amounts of water. I called the letting company responsible for the property who then contacted Bellway. After two visits by the engineers, it was determined that the outer drum (part# c00094280)needed to be replaced. The engineer put the order in his computer and told me someone should be contacting me when the part arrives. I made it clear to him and later to their customer service centre that I will be leaving for holiday on the 12th of November and returning on the 24th and needed to wash clothes in the meanwhile. I called and checked the status on the part often right up until I left on holiday. In my last conversation prior to my departure I was asked it would be okay if I am contacted about
setting up an appointment during my vacation and I agreed.

Early in the week of 12th November. I turned my phone on and there were several messages from a engineer that was trying to locate my residence. Apparently he was dispatched without any attempt to contact me in regards to setting up an appointment.

When I returned home on the 25th I called the Service Centre and was told that the engineer with the part has traveled to the other side of the country and wont be able to be dispatched to install it. I was told that another engineer will have to be dispatched after another part is ordered. It was then mentioned that the part that was needed was not in stock. I asked why can't the part be shipped from the engineer who came out to install it when I was away. The lady that I was speaking to said she had to speak with her supervisor and when she came back on the phone, the answer was NO! I then asked to speak to the supervisor and pleaded my case to a lady who introduced her self as Heather. No solution was offered on how the washing machine was going to be repaired or when.

This past week Bellway and I have called Customer Service with no solution to repair or replace this product that is still under warranty. I was told that the part is not in stock and not given a time frame of when it might become in stock. My representative from Bellway called them and she was told that it would be repaired early next week. (Dec 4th.) At this point have last all faith and trust in Hotpoint and located on the internet their parts department and called them. I was told that the particular part that I am looking for will not be in stock until the 8th of December. My suspicions were correct.

This is ridiculous, I have a wife with a five month old baby at home and she washing clothes in the bathtub and laying them on furniture to dry. This has been going on since October and it is now December.

How does a company as large as Hotpoint not have the means to fix their products? Why wont they make the effort to take a part off the assemble line and provide it to an engineer?

I remain at a loss for answers.

• voyagerdude220 published 01/12/2006
    Welcome to Ciao Veropreacher. Comments same as sandemp- Thats why I'm unfortunately rating this OT.
  • wingnut888 published 01/12/2006