Hotpoint VTD60P

Hotpoint VTD60P

Freestanding - Front Loading - Max load:6 kg - Electronic with Sensor, Electronic - Efficiency Class: C - Width: 60 cm

Review of "Hotpoint VTD60P"

published 24/05/2007 | mumsymary
Member since : 23/09/2002
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, Wishing you all the best in the future, sad to see an end to ciao . been here 15 years now it will seem strange not to rate and review here
Pro good dryer stops when items dry
Cons none except uses a lot of energy
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Getting tumbled"

I noticed that the tumble dryer I was using at work was the Hotpoint VTD60G the G stands for graphite it comes in polor white too.
Dimensions: H 850 x W 595 x D 550 (mm)

Hotpoint make many electrical household products and are a well known brand. The machines are fairly dependable; they have a one year guarantee and you an extended 5 year parts warranty. It is easy to find someone to fix if there is a problem

So going into the sluice area to dry the t-shirt dear little john has soaked while playing with water I notice the tumble drier it is not unattractive to look at. I open the door which is at the front and notice it is a good large door.
I put the washing into dry shut the door and try and work out the settings easy peasy.

This machine has a 6kg capacity. Although we would not need it at school there is an 18 hour timed delay setting. There is a countdown timer so you can see at a glance how long is left of the drying time. / Useful for us as then we can see how long before the other classes drying is ready and we can put ours in. When the cycle finishes there is an alarm.
This machine is good as it

There are a variety of settings on this machine wool programme, an easy iron setting and a high and a low hear setting. There is a set and forget setting which will tumble clothes and use its own intelligence to stop when they are dry. Think this is the setting I shall use most at work.
There is a final cool tumble this sounds good as apparently it will cool the fabrics and relax them to make them easier to iron as sometimes after a hot tumble clothes are impossible to iron.
This is a vented dryer and a hose is included in the price.

So far my experience of this machine has been good because it has a sensor which monitors the moisture in the drying drum and when it senses the drying dry it will switch of the heating element and switch to cool it will consume less energy this way. It has a C energy rating

The Hotpoint VTD60 is a vented tumble dryer equipped with 'sensor dry' to monitor the washing

I am not sure where work got their model from but it is available at several stores on line. The http://www.empiredirect.co.uksell it for £179, http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=198919 also has it for £199.
There are a couple of outlets selling it at £227, but most shops are selling it at 178or 179 this price is similar to other tumble driers of the same quality. Some stores are selling it for the same price as the white model some a little more edxpensive

Remember when you get a new drier to dispose of your old one safely lot of firms will deliver the new one and take away the old one too.

Personally I prefer to dry my washing at home outside when I can and use my tumble drier at home rarely in the summer as they consume so much electricity bad both for my pocket and for the environment, I often wonder how my parents and grandparents managed in pre washing machine and tumble drier days . Washed less often and used what Nan called a copper I was told. Also not even a spindrier Nan had to use a wringer . two rollers and you put the garment inbetween them and turn the handle it squeezed excess water out .

Happy wash days Mary

• SleepyDormouse published 17/06/2007
    Looks like its a good one . luckily my tunble drier is still going well
  • RICHADA published 13/06/2007
    We live quite happily without a tumble dryer - they use far too much energy and line dried clothes are so much fresher. Richard.
  • MumCC published 04/06/2007