Review of "Huawei E367"

published 03/03/2015 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Pro Affordable, reliable, versatile, good quality.
Cons None
Speed
Reliability
Range of extra features / functions
Ease of Installation

"Huawei E367"

First impressions

I have owned a number of dongles down the years but one of my current internet connections is via this Huawei 'Superfast' E367 unit. If first impressions were everything then this dongle would win hands down. I think it very much reminds me of what you would expect from the Samsung brand, though this is a Huawei branded product. The sleek lines, slim design and glossy jet black finish ooze class. I am certainly happy with how it looks, and there are a number of features worth noting immediately.

One of the first things I noticed about this dongle is that the USB connector is folded away and this means that it can be positioned as you like it. More of that shortly. This dongle has a Micro SD Card slot, which is another very useful feature. It isn't required, but Huawei think that by adding one they are doing you a favour. I certainly agree with them - it is a great addition!

Overall I am impressed with my first impressions of the Huawei E367. There is so much more to tell you about it, though first impressions are key to me for a product like this, especially when there are so many different models to choose out of from various manufacturers.

My experience

I have used this dongle for a little while now and the download speed caught my eye. Offering the potential of 'up to' 21MBps download speed and (again) 'up to' 5.76MBps upload speed, this is one trick piece of kit if it can live up to those expectations.

As this is a 3G compatible dongle it will not manage to live up to my current 4G Mifi device. The speeds on that are unreal, though when I cannot achieve a reliable 4G signal I am happy to switch to the 3G connection that this dongle offers me. It is so simple to install, and as it accepts a regular SIM card you don't need any special equipment. I did order a SIM Card especially for this dongle, though each of my connections have their own SIM Card so that I don't need to keep swopping them about. I do rely on the Three network a lot and I am glad that although this is a Huawei produced product it still carries the Three branding.

The first consideration is that if you wish to use this in what could potentially be an unreliable 3G area then you should think about improving the signal strength as much as possible. To achieve this I sit my dongle as high as I can, then connect it via a USb cable to my laptop. You will need a Male USB to Female USB cable to achieve this, and the tiny cable I received with my dongle was just not long enough. I have a 1 metre long cable and it is fantastic for enabling me to find the best signal I can.

Using the dongle is very easy and set up is effortless. As long as you have a reasonable knowledge for this kind of product then it is very straightforward, and for novices you are required to just follow the on screen instructions. Provided you have a SIM Card in the dongle and it is all connected up properly you shouldn't have any trouble. The dongle is powered through the USB connection, so no recharging is required at all.

In terms of connection speed this dongle is very fast. Just a few clicks of the mouse and I am connected. The download speed is brisk, though at home I am getting around 40MB down, whereas this dongle can achieve around the 20MB mark when it has a strong signal. I still think this is great for a 3G connection.

Price and availability

I bought my Huawei E367 on eBay second hand for around £8. However, you could buy one brand new for around £17 on the Amazon website. It is worth looking at what you are actually getting for this price, though. I wanted to buy one with a USB lead, though these are just a few pounds online anyway.

Final thoughts

I simply cannot fault this dongle. It has not dropped out on me at all so far, though I only use it when my 4G Mifi device cannot give me the desired connection. In terms of build quality it is great and considering the cost I think it is great value for money.

I have used many different 3G dongles and this has to be one of the better ones for sure. It is very reliable and the newest model I currently own as far as I am aware. I do experiment with different connections because of the nature of my work. I do require a very strong and reliable connection, which is just one reason why I own a few dongles and various connections to ensure I can get a good signal (almost) regardless of where I am in the UK.

I would definitely recommend this dongle based on my personal experience. I am aware that some people online have given this dongle a poor review, though from my experience the built quality is fine and when compared to other alternatives it is good quality.

• kenliy2k published 05/03/2015

Listed on Ciao since: 02/03/2015

Huawei E367 - Review - Huawei E367

danielcla... 5

danielclark691

About me: The game is over. Time to move onwards and upwards. Feel free to have a cursory glance at my reviews. The rates, comments and competition wins are appreciated, as are the friendships formed because of the site.

Member since:27.02.2011

03.03.2015

Advantages:
Affordable, reliable, versatile, good quality .

Disadvantages:
None

Speed

Reliability

Ease of Installation

Value For Money

Range of extra features / functionsExcellent

DesignExcellent

3. IzzyS

First impressions

My experience

Price and availability

I bought my Huawei E367 on eBay second hand for around 8. However, you could buy one brand new for around 17 on the Amazon website. It is worth looking at what you are actually getting for this price, though. I wanted to buy one with a USB lead, though these are just a few pounds online anyway.

Final thoughts

Pictures of Huawei E367
Huawei E367 1 - Huawei E367
Huawei E367

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

kenliy2k 05.03.2015 07:42