Review of "Hugo Boss Boss Orange Eau de Toilette"

published 17/12/2010 | VampirePrincessLizzy
Member since : 08/02/2006
Hello :)
Pro Smells great, good value, perfect gifts
Cons None from me
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"I love the boss!"

The 14th December marked my 26th birthday where I was very spoilt indeed I had many wonderful gifts which all are on my 'to review list'. The first which comes to mind I had no idea I was going to receive, but as my wonderful fiancé Joseph knows me so well he knew I wanted this.

Hugo Boss Orange for Women Eau De Toilette:

'Passion and creativity are the very essence of the Boss Orange woman'

A couple of weeks back me and my partner went Christmas shopping to Boots where I was trying to find some nice perfumes for my mom and sister; along the way I spotted Hugo Boss Orange. I sprayed it on the card provided and both myself and Joseph liked it, well me more so!

Well I'm guessing at this point he took note that I liked the perfume then came back during the week for one of my birthday gifts.
The Range:

The Hugo Boss Orange range doesn't stop with fragrances it's also branching out into the shades range making upcoming trendy eyewear for 2011. Until researching Boss Orange I never knew that they also do the Boss Orange clothing and accessory range for men and women.

It also consists of body washes, moisturiser's and deodorant sprays.
The Notes:

Top Notes - Sweet apple.
Heart Notes - White flowers.
Base Notes - Vanilla and sandalwood.

My Findings:

The first time I smelt this perfume I fell in the love for me it was perfect, light but very aroma-full with being overpowering and very good staying power.

Mine came in a gift set with body lotion which I shall be using after my bath later, soon as I opened the perfume I sprayed it straight away on my neck and wrist. It's a light fresh scent where you soon start to smell sweet apples with a hint of vanilla and sandalwood.

The sweet apple did fade out slightly and you have more hints of floral, vanilla and sandalwood all combining very well together it a light, sweet, happy, warming aroma.

After about two hours I think the scent gets lighter but then lingers for a further four hours. After six hours it is still present on the skin but clearly not as strong, so re-application if your off out would be needed. However I never spray much I squirt one on my wrists then rub them together then one on my neck. So if you spray more I think you would get longer lasting results.

As it was my birthday I had many visitors popping around my house dropping cards and gifts off (I have a massive family) Where by young and old I was complimented on how nice I smelt! Even my Nan liked this perfume and I have one of the fussiest Nan's in the world! Oh the stories I could tell!

Price and Availability:

Hugo Boss Orange can be purchased from chemists and some supermarkets; however looking online they are much cheaper.

30ml - from £22.00
50ml - from £30.00
75ml - from £35.00

Mine was purchased from Boots in the Merry Hill shopping centre and for the 30ml bottle and 50ml of body lotion in a gift box for £26.00 which I think is great value for money and would be perfect for gifts.

http://www.boots.com/en/Boss-Orange-Fragrance-Gif t-Set_1110663/

Overall:

Personally for me you can not go wrong with this perfume, it has plenty of aromas without being to in your face. It looks pretty; they do great gift sets and excellent value for money. I find it a good all round perfume for day or night and it makes me feel pretty when wearing it!

A huge five out of five from me!

_Thanks for reading_
Additional Information:

Hugo Boss Orange is fronted by Sienna Miller where she quoted it to be the 'fragrance of happiness' and I completely agree.

Hugo Boss is a German based company and Germany's largest manufacturer of men's and women's clothing, fragrances, and accessories. Now branching out with different ranges like Boss Orange and Boss Black ect. Founded in 1924 shows the determination and staying power of Hugo Boss.

HUGO BOSS

www.hugoboss.com

• D_i_a_n_e published 22/12/2010
    What a title! LOL x
  • Wickedinrock published 20/12/2010
    I've never tried this but your review makes me want to! E! :)
  • JAVER1967 published 19/12/2010
    Excellent review

offers "Hugo Boss Boss Orange Eau de Toilette"