Review of "Hugo Boss Boss Orange Eau de Toilette"

published 28/01/2011 | splishsplash
Member since : 16/01/2011
Our lovely dog Jess who appeared in many of my reviews lost her 6 month fight with epilepsy earlier this year. Now trying to get back into the world again. Good to be back with my friends on site.
Pro Sparkly bright fragrance.
Cons A bit short on staying power:
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"The futures bright ,the futures Orange!"

The fragrance reviews are one of my favourite categories as I consider my nose to be "in training " when it comes to perfume. I think I was ambitious with my first try outs of Chanel No5 and Ysatis but Hugo Boss Orange had some good reviews so this was my noses next victim!

I am lucky to be able to frequently visit Gibraltar which is VAT free and caters to lots of cruise ships whose passengers descend on Main Street .This 1 mile long pedestrianised street has at least 8 perfume/cosmetic shops with knowledgable staff to help you with information and encourage you to buy their lovely products . It is in fact , fragrance heaven.

Hugo Boss Orange was displayed in the window of one of my favourite shops "Star of India" along with Hugo Boss Sunset. The assistant sprayed my wrists with "Orange" and the lovely crisp (and I thought orangey,well you would with that name !) fragrance tickled my nose buds! my immediate thought was "I like this one" but having now read some reviews I now know to let it settle down on my skin and to wait a few hours.

The top notes are crisp apple,which I could smell immediately I also picked up vanilla on first contact which I later discovered to be in the base notes. The heart notes consist of white flowers and orange blossom which did appear after 2-3-hours and the base notes of olive wood,sandalwood and vanilla do give it a depth .

I also find the slim ,glass ,rectangular bottle with dimples in it attractive, as this shows the gentle peachy orange colour off to advantage and, teamed with the silver edging and top (which does remind me of R2D2 in Star wars), it looks to me modern light and fun.

The perfume lasted about 6hours on me and I would describe it as a day fragrance which is light and sparkly and just the thing for giving you a lift. I dont think it has any age limits and would suit young and the more mature (like me ) and I would be confident of giving this as a present.

On further reading I found that there had been a big ad campaign fronted by Sienna Miller which I had missed completely, in which "Orange" is called "The Fragrance of Happiness" and I think that this for me encapsulates this lovely fragrance. I am definitely hooked and it is the start of my perfume collection!

Prices (Fragrance Direct)
75ml 46.00p
50ml 28.00p
30ml 23.00p

Available from Boots and many other retail stores.

Thank you for reading,this review also appears on DooYoo under my name Springtide.

• catsholiday published 30/01/2011
    Welcome to this side!

offers "Hugo Boss Boss Orange Eau de Toilette"