Review of "Hugo Boss Boss Orange Eau de Toilette"

published 09/04/2011 | Juliet101
Member since : 02/07/2010
Pro Smell, bottle design, ideal for daywear, cheap
Cons None
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Boss Orange"

I have always found that perfume is a great present as both sexes can wear perfume (I find it hard to buy presents for men).

I have seen the Boss orange advert on TV countless times with Sienna Miller. I have to say that the advert didn't look that appealing but I ordered a trial from the website. This takes a really long time to be sent out and so I would advise going into store to try it out instead. It took at over 3 weeks for me to receive it. It comes in a tissue material that has been soaked in the perfume. It is not really easy to get the perfume onto the skin so I could only really smell it when it was on the tissue. The smell of the perfume on the tissue and on my skin was different and so it was good that I had bought my perfume in store so I could try it before buying it.

Heart notes: White Flower Notes, Orange Blossom
Top notes: Sweet Apples
Base notes: Sandalwood, Olive Wood, Vanilla

The scent is fresh, clean and fruity and ideal for the summer/spring. It is my work perfume as it lasts a decent 6 - 8 hours which is perfect for work as if I go out in the evening I can wear a different perfume without it causing a mix. It is also a good day perfume in the spring. I think that the perfume is quite warm so I wouldn't wear it in the summer.

I was a little hesitant that the perfume may smell foul as when I have peeled oranges the smell stays on my fingers and it is really potent even after washing them. This is not the case thought, the perfume is fresh and fruity but definitely not foul.

The main reason I was attracted to the perfume was the design of the bottle. It looks like a consecutive square design that is orange and long and tall. The lid on the bottle is also like a square prism. The bottle is translucent so it can be seen how much perfume is left. The cardboard packaging is also very attractive as it is a white box that is designed in a quilted pattern with orange dots at the crossing.

I bought the 50ml bottle for only £18.00 from Superdrug which normally costs £34.99. It is half price at £19.99 but I had a voucher for 10% and so it was £18.00. This is a real bargain and it is especially good as it would be a perfect Christmas gift.

Check it out.