Hungry Hungry Hippos

Hungry Hungry Hippos

Board Game - Children's Board Game

Review of "Hungry Hungry Hippos"

published 02/05/2011 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Easy to set up, easy to play fun for the whole family.
Cons None.
Playability & Enjoyment
Design & Presentation

"Are you a hungry Hippo?"

Hungry hippos is suitable for the whole family. It is designed for two or more players and is suitable from ages four and up and supervision is recommended due to the possibility of choking on some of the smaller parts.

Inside the sturdy cardboard box, you will receive one plastic base four hippos for levers and four hippo heads. In addition to this, you will also receive 20 marbles and a set of instructions.

The game is incredibly easy to setup, and also very easy to play. The aim of the game is to press down the lever to open your hippos mouth and close it, hopefully snagging yourself a marble or two. The player at the end of the game with the most marbles, is the player who is declared the winner. This is not really a game of skill and is more a game of luck, however, if you are playing on an uneven surface this could work to your advantage, as your hippo will be able to gobble up all the marbles as they roll down towards you.

I used to play this game as a small child, and I now have several nieces and nephews who also love nothing more than a game of hungry hippos. If I am honest, I still enjoy playing it as much today as I did when I myself was five years old and this would be one of my first choices of games.

Gameplay is usually over in just a few minutes, or sometimes even less, but it doesn't matter as it's just so much fun that you won't want to stop playing! My nieces and nephews equally love this game, and it is something that is going to continue to be played for many years to come no doubt!

This game is currently available on Amazon.co.uk for £14.00, which I think is a reasonable price, cheaper than I found it almost two years ago, however, you may well find it cheaper somewhere else in the high street so keep your eyes peeled.

I am going to rate this game 5/5 as the gameplay is fast and simple, easy and it's a big hit with the whole family. Also, it's very easy to set up, and I know that the game won't last long. So I never mind volunteering, even if I'm waiting to go home.

Summary: A fantastic game for girls and boys alike that is very simple and quick

• catsholiday published 02/05/2011
    Your first sentence makes no sense at all!
  • tallulahbang published 02/05/2011
    I play the mini version with the kids in work. xx
  • JOHNV published 02/05/2011
    Makes me wish I was a kid again!