Hunting Party - Linkin Park

Hunting Party - Linkin Park

Rock & Pop - StudioRecording - 1 CD(s) - Label: Warner Bros. - Distributor: Arvato Services; Proper - Released: 16/06/2014 - 93624936985

Review of "Hunting Party - Linkin Park"

published 05/08/2014 | jpeggy1
Member since : 03/08/2014
I am a student who loves music, and I love to tell people what I think of music...back after a while away to focus on university
Pro Some great classic rock tracks, great cover design
Cons Instrumental tracks, and a couple of album fillers
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"A hunting party for the old Linkin Park certainly found it"

So here we go again with Linkin Park. Arguably the leading players in the rock and rap genre, they come back with yet another quality soundtrack. Time after time, I wonder if they will ever meet the highs of previous album, and every time they do. Even the cover art is exceptional on Hunting Party.

For those unfamiliar with the band, they are a rock/hard-rock band, who are close in genre to 30 Seconds To Mars, My Chemical Romance and The Pretty Reckless. They have had unprecedented success with incredible worldwide sales, and are one of the most popular modern day rock bands.

Keys To The Kingdom certainly starts unexpectedly, but the drumming at the beginning of the song is world class. The beat is excellent, and the vocals are quality, time after time with Linkin Park. The chorus is shouted a bit too much, but fans who follow the band may prefer this style of chorus. It is an explicit song, which I'm not a fan of, but in the context of the genre, it is probably more acceptable.

All For Nothing is a high quality track if you like rock music. The rapping at the beginning is world class, and in my opinion, nobody does it better than Linkin Park. The chorus is loud and full of great drumming, and the song is packed full of great beats and musical talent.

Guilty All The Same is a good track, if not a little repetitive. Rakim adds a great little rap to the song, which fits with Linkin Park's ability to make quality rap-rock songs. It has some really good, loud, strong beats, and I think this song has the potential to be a hit for Linkin Park. Fans will love this one, with a strong chorus backed up by great lyrics and vocals the whole way through.

The track Wastelands is very well written, and once again, the rapping is from the top drawer. It reminds me of a soundtrack to a shooting game. The lyrics are really good and thought-provoking, and I really like this about the song. This is certainly a track similar to things from previous album Hybrid Theory.

The intro to Until It's Gone reminded me very much of my favourite Linkin Park track What I've Done. The lyrics are again very interesting and well written, and the lower key vocals in this song are excellent once again. The range of Mike Shinoda's vocals are mesmerising, and this song is one that you immediately think is incredible. The chorus is the best on the album by far, and this is up there with my favourite Linkin Park songs.

Other less sublime tracks include Rebellion and Mark The Graves, which are really good tracks, and well written, but they are not hits, nor are they the leading or best tracks on the album. I do not like The Summoning and Drawbar, as I am not one that admires the instrumentals halfway through an album, as not only are they boring, but frankly, they are usually poor attempts at a filler track. I'm not a massive fan of War either, but at least there are some vocals to actually listen to in that one.

The album is £7.98 on Amazon, with the MP3 download version at £8.99. This is a reasonable price for high quality rock music, and certainly not too much for fans of the band. As a word of advice, the physical copy comes with an additional MP3 copy, so it would be cheaper to buy the physical copy.

• siberian-queen published 11/08/2014
    I quite like Linkin Park they were good live a few years ago :)
  • mumsymary published 10/08/2014