I Don't Mean to be Rude But... - Simon Cowell

I Don't Mean to be Rude But... - Simon Cowell

Review of "I Don't Mean to be Rude But... - Simon Cowell"

published 11/12/2011 | xdonzx
Member since : 25/05/2007
Good
Pro Fans will like it!
Cons Bit boring at times!
Degree of Information
How easy was it to read / get information from
How interesting was the book?
How useful was it?
Would you read it again?

"~ * Simon Says...Read This Book! * ~"

I remember when I first watched Pop Idol back in 2001. I was ten years old and hated the judge Simon Cowell. I thought that he was really scary. Although fast forward a few years and I quite like him. Whilst he annoys me that he's 'making money out of people', I can't help but admire him and think that he is the kind of person who just cannot dislike.

I Don't Mean To Be Rude But...is the autobiography of legend Simon Cowell. It was released in the United Kingdom in 2004 and so is quite dated now. You can buy your copy from Amazon for a price of £4.47 which I think is fairly good value for money.

The book is very 'straight talking'. Although, while we know that Simon himself is straight talking, I do think that the 'straight talking' thing was played with a little bit, and perhaps comes across as being more rude than Simon actually is. It is however, a very honest read!

I found this book to be really interesting. Although Simon Cowell is big, funnily enough I didn't really know anything about him. I found reading about his pre-fame life to be really interesting.

I found his story to be really inspirational. Before reading this book I had imagined that he was 'given it all on a plate', although he actually worked really hard. What I found interesting was the fact that when I was reading about his childhood, no way would you have thought that the would be where he is today.

What I found interesting was the fact that he explains the reason why he is sometimes so horrible to auditionees on shows like The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent is because when he was trying to 'make it', he was told the truth and he thinks that it helped him, and so by being horrible he thinks that he is helping the auditionees which I think is a good explanation.

Whilst I enjoyed this book, I did find once we'd got to his 'famous days', the book went a little bit boring and I lost interest. Especially as it is seven years since the book was released and so we know so much more about Simon now. However, I did find the book useful for finding out about his childhood.

If you like Simon Cowell, you will find this book interesting!

Thanks for reading!
December 2011
xdonzx / xd-o-n-z-x

• Coloneljohn published 18/12/2011
    Not one for me. John

Product Information : I Don't Mean to be Rude But... - Simon Cowell

No one can deny the impact that Pop Idol judge Simon Cowell has made. His acerbic put-downs and witty one-liners have sparked an international debate and at the same time earned him a legion of admirers. Cowell's own story has all the brutal honesty you'd expect. I Don't Mean to be Rude But- is as compulsive entertaining and hard-hitting as his trademark insults. With tips and advice on becoming a star from the man who knows how to make it happen this book is the ultimate through-the-keyhole view inside the music industry. But it wouldn't be complete without setting the record straight about those trousers the gay rumours and the truth about the women in his life. In I Don't Mean to be Rude But- Simon also predicts the future for Will Gareth and Darius as well as this year's Pop Idol winner. With the inside gossip on this year's Top Ten finalists and Simon's favourites to win this is the only book for avid fans of the Pop Idol phenomenon.

Type: Non-Fiction

Genre: Biography

Publisher: Ebury Press

Title: I Don't Mean to be Rude But...

Author: Simon Cowell